Random memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random memories

As a lad I had a bicycle that I went everywhere on. It was an old Raleigh wayfarer with no gears. I sprayed it dayglow green and put wide handlebars on. I named her Glimfeather. She was fast and in races through Bushy Park from Teddington to Hampton Court I could beat any racer bike. One of our favourites things was to to ride to Oxshott woods, a round trip of about 20 miles, and scramble round. Sometimes doing jumps over 50 feet. One time a mate borrowed it and in a bad jump buckled my front wheel. I walked home! The things we could do when we were young. πŸš²πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ€•xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Smashing memories Mathew. Reminds me of my oldest boy (born 1973). I can remember a couple of things from when I was 2 and 3. But more from aged 4 onwards, x
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I shared a bike with my brother until I got my cherished Raleigh Chipper aged 6 πŸ’šπŸš²πŸ’š Hoardes of us used to go off on our bikes for hours, well, hoardes might be an exaggeration, maybe 5 or 6 of us 😏😘😘
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Never had a new bike but my brother's hand me downs. I remember long long bike rides when we had no sense of time or distance....and weary journeys back. Always had our dog with us...a lab cross called shandy..she came everywhere we did. Sandwiches that we all swapped. Halcyon days in North Wales.
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
          Never had a new bike but my brother's hand me downs. I remember long long bike rides when we had no sense of time or distance....and weary journeys back. Always had our dog with us...a lab cross called shandy..she came everywhere we did. Sandwiches that we all swapped. Halcyon days in North Wales.
          What about the ginger beer George? 😍😍
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

No ginger beer - although my mum made her own for every family party - extra fiery πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜
            Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
            X