Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WheelsOfSteel
    replied
    With you on the Christmas Breakfast thing, although I prefer the separate flavours of eggs and smoked salmon so I don't mix them beforehand.
    I'm also with LindaB on the Boxing Day leftovers ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    And Covid making living on one’s own even more of a challenge. Good that we can be together on here, communicating by different means but end result being equal playing field if you see what I mean xx

Leave a comment:

• Gordan1111
    replied
    We're all alone in this Matt. But at the same time, we're all with you xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    I always preferred Boxing Day food....all the leftovers and picky bits...🎅🤶

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    It's okay Mary. Please feel free to post whatever. It's probably my fault I'm alone and I don't begrudge anyone who isn't. 😁xx

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    @Matthew Hi Matthew,
    yes it can’t be easy being on your own with MND .I have thought about that often and read your posts on here.
    I have never lived on my own.As I am and feel now I can’t imagine I would cope with just carers coming in and as you say not always at times you need and expect them.I certainly couldn’t run the house and garden.
    I guess my previous post sounded insensitive when as you replied you sit alone at home.
    Think I got carried away trying to make the best of my own changing situation this Christmas.
    I need to think before I post !
    Best wishes
    Mary.x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Heather R You have a few options Heather:

- if you have a printer or know of someone who does, you can type your news and greeting, print it out and either enclose it or stick it in the card. You'd just need to type your news once!

- use Moonpig, Funky Pigeon or similar to send physical cards which you choose and 'write', though there is a character limit for your message, and the cards are posted in the normal mail.

- use an ecard provider. Some are free - the recipient ususally gets ads - some have a free trial or you could sign up for a month's membership, or longer, if you plan on using ecards more often. 'Blue Mountain' is a popular one and offers a free 7 day trial, or about £5.50 for one month. There are lots of other ecard providers, most of whom have cute videos!

- mix and match all of the above. xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    Try moonpig

Leave a comment:

• Heather R
    replied
    Mary C I have got some cards to send at Christmas, but I usually write news in them to people I don't see often. My hands are not good at writing, my hands will probably go into cramp after a few wiggly words. I was wondering about looking for e-cards to send online, as it's easier for me to type. I know there are those twinkly videos people send. Any ideas anyone? xx

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Mary C how lovely to hear about your Christmas plans...I do miss singing...but hearing others is a treat🎅🤶🙏

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    I'll think of you as I sit alone in my house. 🏡😁😉😎xx

Leave a comment:

• Mary C
    replied
    Enjoy whatever Christmas treats you can manage.I don’t have any appetite now but like to see my friends and family enjoying themselves and eating.Funny how we adapt.

My lovely sister in law who helps us keep house and supports me has made dozens of mince pies( in freezer) and lots of small Xmas cakes.We intend to give these to friends and family many of whom live alone.It’s so nice to give .

Christmas tree is up( rather early but granddaughter offered to decorate it before she went off to Venice for a short break).
    Christmas cards …well that’s more of a problem as hand is weak so writing is a scribble.My husband hates writing and his spelling is not great😂so will just get him to do a few.

I hope to start our Christmas Day with going to mass to my parish church .I have been going there for 45 years.I can’t join in singing the carols now but can enjoy listening to them.
    I realise how blessed I am.
    Best wishes
    Mary

Leave a comment:

• LindaB
    replied
    Bucks Fizz sounds good to me 🍾🎅🤶

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Sounds fab Mathew. I’m intolerant to dairy so would have to use vegan cream substitute. I had scrambled eggs on toast with smoked salmon on the top for my breakfast for many months before I went back to porridge with fruit and maple syrup on top. This is what I have mostly now. But scrambled egg on toast with smoked salmon on the top we might have for Xmas breakfast with a glass of bubbly (this is a present that’s coming). Xx

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    started a topic Christmas treat

Christmas treat

For years I started every Christmas morning with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and a glass of Bucks Fizz. I prepared my eggs on Christmas eve by breaking the eggs into a bowl with milk and cream, whisk then added chopped up smoked salmon. Covered and placed in the fridge. The next morning cooked as normal scrambled egg except now the flavour of the salmon has infused with the eggs. Serve 9n buttered toast. I'm guessing you know how to make Bucks Fizz. Have a great Christmas. 🤶🎄😁❤️xx
Working...
X