New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Year

We have somehow got through Christmas and dreading the ‘Happy New Year’. A New Year and we have no idea of what’s ahead for my lovely husband. All I know is it’s not a happy one but will put big girl pants on and try to stay as positive as I can for him. I would like to wish you all a very peaceful New Year and thank you for the kind support you all offer. It does feel like we have joined a rather loving family. Thank you xx

Thanks and a happy new year to you both, well as happy as it can be I mean xx
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Must admit I will probably be saying "Happy New Year" through gritted teeth tonight, but I am counting the fact that I am still in one piece to see another year in as a win.
      Hi, I'm Eddie.
      Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
      Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

With the one day at a time rule the New Year is a no no for us sadly. 😢😁🤗👍xx
        Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Doggymama
          Forum Member
          Doggymama Thank you 💖

I'm the equivalent of The Grinch when it comes to New Year 😏 I don't know if it's saying goodbye to the old year or looking into my crystal ball to see what the new year might have in store for me, all I know is that NYE is my least favourite day of the year...

But, sure as eggs are eggs, the sun will rise tomorrow 👍👍 😘😘
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I've always found New Years Eve a little sad...but usually go with the flow and partied in one way or another.
            This year I'll be home....best friend staying over....so will raise a glass and see in 2022....Jules Holland in the background 🍾🕛🎉🎉🎈

Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

I've never understood the rabid conviction that the next year will be better than the last one simply by virtue of being new. 😉😁😘😍xx
              Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

im with you matthew. ive always felt the same and could never figure out why eveyone would think it would be better, it was just a different number on the calender, it never was just the same old ****. we have each other and that is the main thing. a lot of people dont have that. i will probably go to bed early tonight like i usually do and with any luck the sun will come up like usual. one day at a time its certainly easier that way and we can all do that together.

together we are stronger just remember that.
                xxxxxxxxxxx
                when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I've never been keen on New years Eve either..along with lots of other people, I suspect. I never liked being forced to stay up late and then feeling obliged to kiss everyone !

As soon as we had children it was an excuse to order in lovely food and have an early night. It's a film and early to bed tonight and then take one day at a time !

Love, hugs and best wishes to all our wonderful forum family xxx😘🤗🥰

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                    But, sure as eggs are eggs, the sun will rise tomorrow 👍👍 😘😘
                    Where are you in the world that you can be so certain the sun will rise tomorrow? Haven’t seen the big yellow ball for weeks❤️
                    Richard

Comment

We are doing the one day at a time.

But I always feel I little more positive at the new year.

One in the eye to the consultant who gave hubs the standard 6 months

17 months in now.

But tinged with sadness, as will this be our last year together.

So back to one day at a time.

All the best to everyone. Chat again in 2022.

Not seen the sun in ages but daylight still sort of appears around 10am

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
                        Haven’t seen the big yellow ball for weeks
                        richard
                        Forum Member
                        richard That's what you get for being a lazy bones, lolling in bed, concentrating so much on the Wordle that you miss the sunrise 😉😘

Comment

Ellie
                          Forum Member
                          Ellie I bet you've secretly completed a wordle....😄😘😘
                          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

LindaB
                            Forum Member
                            LindaB 🤐🤭😘

Comment

Working...
                            X