Changing username?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing username?

Does anyone know if it is possible to change my username please? I think I would rather use my proper name than Doggymama lol xx
    Carer for my husband who was diagnosed with ALS on 15.12.21.
    Trying to think of only today and tomorrow
    Alison ♥

I was considering that too.
    I seem to recall some security advice when I created my account that suggested you didn't use your real name.
    Hi, I'm Eddie.
    Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
    Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

I just used my first name. Suppose I could have been cat mama or cat woman. I never really thought of it. All kinds of things come to mind now 🤭🤣😂
      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

It doesn’t look as if it’s possible to change your user name. Suggest you ask MND Connect though.

I saw the warning about choosing an anonymous name, but just used my first name and initials (I’m not really Peter Pan!)
        Diagnosed October 2020 - See my blog at https://www.myneurodiary.com

Comment

Doggymama It's a question for Admin_MND so may be answered more quickly if you repost in the Forum Announcements & Help subforum - they'll see this post as I've tagged them.

I suspect the answer is No, but maybe not 🤞🤞
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

What?!! Not really Peter pan!! Oh for goodness sake you just cant trust anyone 🤣
            when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggymama View Post
              Does anyone know if it is possible to change my username please? I think I would rather use my proper name than Doggymama lol xx
              If it's not possible to change your username and you don't want to start over with a new account, you could always add your proper name to your signature line, a few users do that.

Btw, your dog is cute 😘

Comment

Doggymama

Is that a Goldie I spy? We have one too.
                Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Ellie thanks so much, that's a good idea, I will do that. Barney is my angel, he is a solid lump of comfort, 1 year and 3 months old and an absolute joy xx
                  Alison ♥

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks Ellie for tagging us in this post. For any problems or issues with the forum itself, it is best to post in the Forum Announcements & Help section as it sends us an email alert and we can pick it up straight away.

It is possible for a username on an existing account to be changed, but it's only something we can do ourselves. Obviously we wouldn't want to keep changing member's usernames all the time, once you're sure you definitely want it changed and what you want it changed to, send us a PM and we can action it.

Here are some top tips that we'd recommend to keep safe and secure:
                    1. Don’t use your full name or parts of your address or phone number
                    2. Don’t use your email username
                    3. Don’t use the same username and password combination, especially on financial accounts
                    4. Don’t choose a super-odd username and then reuse it again and again — it makes you easier to track and find out information about you.
                    5. Don’t choose a username that gives clues to your passwords such as a series of numbers/letters or the first part of a two-part phrase, such as knock-knock or starlight
                    6. DO choose a username that’s appropriate, and not offensive, for the type of account, i.e., business, social or personal
                    Hope that helps,

Forum Admin.
                    Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

Thank you for your help. Happy to keep my username as I now have my proper name in my signature but thank you x
                      Alison ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Doggymama View Post
                        Happy to keep my username
                        That's good - Barney would never forgive you if you disowned him Alison 😂😂😘

Comment

Act in haste, repent at leisure 😁🤗🤙❤️xx
                          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Haha Ellie, you made me smile, Barney has kept me going through this awful time, he just knows his mama needs lots of cuddles, he is so my boy!

We had an awful night last night, my husband was so terribly upset. Hard to know how to help him. He said he just wants to die, it's truly heart-breaking. His nurse is ringing this morning so hopefully she can offer some advice. Council coming out tomorrow to fit the rails, when I read on here that things move quickly, I had no idea just how fast they do. we already have another home vent appt, physio been and have ordered him a headmaster collar. His nurse is regularly in touch and he goes to clinic every 8 weeks. Can't fault the support it's amazing, but so sad it is needed. Love to you all, I know everyone has their own struggles and the difficult thing is knowing that this is the 'best' things will be as it will only deteriorate. Sorry for the 'woe is us' but fearful of the future and my husband's mental health as well as his physical health but it is the hand we have been dealt with and time for 'big girl's pants' I think. xxx
                            Alison ♥

Comment

Doggymama

Hi Alison

It is hard to know how to deal with the persons emotions, espeacially when your own are in a mess.

My husband refused psycholigical help but I get support calls from Hospice family support. It is just a listening ear not any advice.

I am an ex nurse and I feel alone and responsible for everything day to day.

I know that MND association has call support, I have phoned them for other advice.

Some/many people are on anti depressents. Both person with illness and the carers, I have read on a variety of forums.

I would defenately alert your GP to your carer situation, you need support too.

Have no personal experience of it for myself (yet) and Thomas refuses.

He does mention Dignatas and when I mention that some people last beyond a decade, he says he cannot do this for 10 years.

The emotions are different every day.

Best wishes

Donna

Carer for husband diagnosed July 2020, MND of Fail Arm Type
                              Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
                              X