No announcement yet.

🍿🌭🎥🎬Virtual Cinema 🎬🎥🌭🍿

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say that ten minutes in I was thinking of walking out but I'm glad I stayed. 🚶‍♂️😊😁🤗xx
    Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

I'm definitely a Coen brothers fan.
      Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

I really enjoyed...probably my 3rd viewing in total.

I like Clooney in a more comedic role....like a modern day Cary Grant....

Of course some serious undertones KKK👻

Love the music

Hadn't thought about it before Ellie but yes I've enjoyed a few Coen brothers movies.

I liked the idea we were sharing the experience😎😘🍿🌭🍟🤓
        Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by matthew55 View Post
          I have to say that ten minutes in I was thinking of walking out but I'm glad I stayed. 🚶‍♂️😊😁🤗xx
          Glad you stayed...👍🏻
          Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
            LindaB The great unwashed, i.e. me, watched it yesterday, where noisy chomping on crisps abounded. 😍😍

Are you a Coen Brothers fan? xx
            Not those salt & vinegar again😋

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
              Not those salt & vinegar again😋
              Of course they were 👍👍 Topped with a dot of Brie and washed down with Champagne - classy bird that I am.

In typical Coen brother style, it's a parody of a film which we can expect to be somewhat silly and somewhat dark, I guess, so it ticked those boxes.

With so many actors holding their faces in such gormless poses, I hope the set had enough ice packs to ease aching muscles at the end of each day's filming 🥴 xx
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Salt and vinegar crisps, brie and champagne 🍾 ( or Spanish Cava @ 2 Euros a bottle ... I'm a classy bird too !) Count me in for the next 🎥!!!😘🤗xx

Comment

I think George Clooney is great at comedy and I don't know why he doesn't do more.

Richard gere I thought he was brilliant in Chicago I never imagined him in a role like that but he was fantastic.

So what's next?
                  when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Ok this is what I would like to watch but I've no idea where we can find it. Years ago I watched 'a midsummer night's dream ' this is a 1935 version staring Mickey Rooney, James cagney and Olivia de havilland. I've looked for it for years and no one believes me when I say James cagney was in it.
                    🤔

Comment

denise

I believe you!
                      I was curious so I googled it and there are a few clips on YouTube.

Not sure if this link will work?

Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

I've also looked it up. Searched for it but it looks like other than those few clips nothing.

Comment

It's on the digital archive. I didn't sign in or anything like that. Be warned it takes about 8 minutes to get going.

Comment

Think we need a film we can all access for free...then choose a day & time?

Anything coming up in Netflix?

​​​​​​
                            🍿🌭🍟🎫🎬
                            Last edited by LindaB; 7 March 2022, 15:12.

Comment

LindaB, maybe we could all watch the Netflix documentary about Ukraine….? It’s free for anyone right now (presumably even to those without Netflix subscription)
                              Winter on Fire: Ukraine's Fight for Freedom is now free to watch on YouTube.

Comment

Not one for me AngieCanuck I'm watching updates on Ukraine a lot every day. Probably too much.
                                I'm sure others would be happy to join you though👍😉😘

Comment

Working...
                                X