No announcement yet.

Things to be happy and positive about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TinyLady I retrieved a French fry that was at the back of my tongue when I was sitting outside in the garden. I stood up like a bullet and coughed as hard as I could in the end i got my finger in and hurt the back of my throat. Disclaimer TinyLady and I do not endorse doing this

Comment

Hairbsb - helps to cut your finger nails 🤣
      Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

I have bulbar als. Currently sitting in a pub crying. Knowing I will leave my busband Clive behind and ill never see my children get married or have children.

Comment

Oh no. I'm sorry that's dreadful news. You have to live your life the best you can. Make every moment count.
          love and lots of big hugs
          Denise xxx
          when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Hairbsb am really sorry for your news you got today. I think even though someone suspects something awful its different again to actually receive the confirmed diagnosis. And the thought processes which comes. Am thinking of u.
            on a lighter note I just noticed your post that your cat is a tripod.... so is my labrador. The term "disabled" doesn't factor into her dictionary and she keeps me going. Xx 20220117_205142.jpg

Comment

Zante that has made me smile

Comment

Hairbsb I tried to upload a 1 minute video of her so excited and swimming and galloping about but after 17 minutes of upload waiting i quit!! I assume this is wifi speed issue? Not very technical. Am glad something made u smile anyway xx

Comment

Zante I love seeing photos of your fur baby. Whats his/her name

Comment

denise for sure. Such a strange feeling.

Comment

She is called Holly and has just turned 3. Her missing leg is due to a horrific attack 2 years ago . However she has bounced back and is such a happy dog. Nervous in certain situations but bloody amazing really! A very popular dog and I love her dearly. Pets are a lifeline aren't they. Xx

Comment

Hairbsb . Dont want to hog your post....so a final snapshot!!! X
                        20210630_170445_resized.jpg

Comment

Zante Holly is a natural poser and a real beauty. I swear my shadow knew I was a bit unwell. My other black rescue cat. It's just the way he looks at me with those saucer eyes. Ps I love looking at pet photos x

Comment

Our beloved animals are very intelligent and pick up on way more than we realise. They know when something isn't right and when we r having a good/bad day. I hope as I progress I can have just a fraction of my Holly's attitude and perseverance. The day after her leg amputation she was hopping about and within a week was running off lead and swimming. It was such an emotional time.
                            take comfort from your cats and loved ones xx

Comment

Zante holly has been through so much. You are such an amazing fur mummy. Ps I've attached a picture of kelsey girl in my neighbours house

Comment

Zante What a little devil
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X