No announcement yet.

Things to be happy and positive about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is lovely though! I hope the distraction has helped for just a moment this evening. Xx

Comment

Hairbsb check out the thread Our pets!

​​​​​​​https://forum.mndassociation.org/for...82086-our-pets
      Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Hairbsb , hard diagnosis same as me, but take comfort in your beautiful cats, family, friends (including us on the forum), and sending love xx
        Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Originally posted by Hairbsb View Post
          I have bulbar als. Currently sitting in a pub crying. Knowing I will leave my busband Clive behind and ill never see my children get married or have children.
          I feel your pain. These are the thought we can all understand only too well. Sending hugs 🤗 🤗
          Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

Hairbsb I'm sorry your faced with the sadness re what you may miss but I really hope you hang on to what you still have. You won't take the journey alone. We are here for you alongside your family. Xxx
            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Hairbsb I am so sorry you got the diagnosis you dreaded. I try not to think about what I will miss as it is unbearable. I hope you were given details of all the support now available to you, eg DS1500, SALT team etc? x
              Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Hairbsb sorry you've had such a difficult day. Hope you've got good support around you.

Comment

Hope I have a care team but no to anything else. Where would that come from? (DS1500)

Comment

Bless you all. Onwards and upwards x

Comment

Hairbsb the application was made for me when I was diagnosed. I had to follow up with a phone call (my daughter did it as my speech was poor). This is for Personal Independence Payment which is not means tested. I think I was fortunate as I received my first payment within days of my diagnosis. x
                      Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Hairbsb

So sorry you got the diagnosis we all dread. It does get easier with time but a huge shock nonetheless. I still veer from positive and good days to the depths of a big black hole. We are all here for you.

Sending you love and hugs
                        🤗🤗🤗🤗 xx
                        Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

GillB. Thank you. Only someone in a similar situation understands x

Comment

Thank-you everyone. Tomorrow is a new day x

Comment

Working...
                            X