Art and accessibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Art and accessibility

Although a lot of art venues tend to have good accessibility, I thought I'd share this from The BBC News about online exhibits:-

Charity Art UK took 140,000 photographs of works by artists such as Antony Gormley and Henry Moore.

Art UK direct link:-
    Discover artworks, explore venues and meet artists. Art UK is the online home for every public collection in the UK. Featuring over 280,000 artworks by over 50,000 artists.

Comment

Thanks Arcadian

I have been to museums and art galleries all over the world, virtually, of course. I particularly like going up grand staircases 😉

The Google Arts and Culture website is a good resource, although it can be clunky to find things.

Here's a link to virtual tours of the National Gallery of Ireland (you need to accept cookies) Click Me

Choose your tour and enjoy - works with eye gaze too. xx
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

The angel of the north. I'm not sure what I think about art. I either really love it or I'm sort of not sure. I really don't get the idea of an angel looking like that. Perhaps there's a meaning to it that I don't know about. 🤔
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I like the Angel of the North, and whatever your own thoughts are you have to acknowledge that it is an impressive piece of design and engineering. It's when Tracy Emin just chucks a manky bed into a gallery and reckons it is "art" that I have a problem.
          Hi, I'm Eddie.
          Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
          Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Angel of the North and Buzz Lightyear.
            Separated at birth?
            Hi, I'm Eddie.
            Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
            Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Oh yeah. Which came first? Actually if they put a statue of buzz lightyear I get it more though then I'd be wondering why there. 🤔 cant do unmade bed or sheep cut in half or a row of bricks. I'm thinking I need to tidy my lounge but I'm reckoning it could be a work of art and I'm destroying it. 🤣
              when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Working...
              X