Audio Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Books

I spend my sleepless nights listening to audio books.

At the moment it is a Sherlock Holmes collection.
    📖 🎧

I don’t wear headphones though as no one to disturb.

I listen to radio dramas and audio books on YouTube. I just wish there was a bigger choice rather than murder and horror. Not exactly encouraging sleep 😳
    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I use Audible. I can't remember how much the subscription is. The Sherlock Holmes collection is narrated by Stephen Fry,

I have 14h and 12m left and I am about 90 percent through this one. So it shows how long it is.

I find with audio books its best to have one character with events revolving around them otherwise its difficult to keep up with all the characters.

I think one of the best writers for audio books is Lee Child. His books are thrillers, his main character will weave through a story though so that it is easy to follow.

Comment

I agree with the too many characters bit. I also wish theyd do it in say 1 hour chunks so if i do fall asleep i can figure out where i got to. I don't have any favourites I like to try a mix of authors and readers. I've just started a freebie book from Amazon. I couldn't even tell you who its by. I just like to read and really dont like to not have a book on the go. I get to the stage where I cant recall what I've listened to or read. Terrible when I get so far and realise I've already done this one. Hate it when I cant recall how it ended. 🤓

Comment

I listen to the stories on my phone and the app allows you to put a timer for where you want the narration to stop, therefore you have some idea where to get back to if you sleep. xx

Comment

That's a better idea. I might look into that. Funny how I fall asleep while I'm listening and a lot of times I wake up when it stops. It must be a comfort thing. Xx

Comment

I do exactly the same thing if I have put it on at about four in the morning.

Comment

I like listening to the trondheim train on YouTube which seems to help me. 😴

Comment

I haven't been much more adventurous than The Archers on BBC Sounds catch up...

I do end up with quite a few history videos on YouTube, as the stuff I like is quite listenable, without having to actually watch as well.

2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.
                  Also Crohn's Disease from 2005ish. (Hi, I'm Dan in Cheshire)...

Comment

I was always enjoyed history so I made a list of all the kings and queens and through YouTube I slowly made my way through all of them. Then I wanted to know more about what was going on in the rest of the world at the same time.

Comment

One of my favourite Radio programs was Old Harrys Game. Well you never know.

I do like your idea about history though Denise. That sounds a plan.

Comment

I used to have to put Whale sounds on for my oldest to get to sleep.

Comment

I read ebooks and listen to audiobooks through my local library. All free - just need to download the app and log in.

Comment

Now that sounds a good idea. Thank you Artie I used to be such a library worm when I was younger

Comment

I’ve read some really good books since accessing them online, many that I might otherwise not have read. Although I was a keen user of the library before MND stopped me being able to hold physical books, I was more likely to stick to certain genres. Maybe it’s the ease of the whole thing that makes me happy to branch out a bit: no need to walk to the library and carry home a book I might not enjoy or worry about taking books back in time as the app simply removes them at the due date unless they’re renewed.

Comment

Working...
                              X