Tag line at end of post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag line at end of post

Hi tech idiot here! How do you attach a tag line or link your biography to the end of your posts. I can’t find how to do it; I use my phone to post and read posts on the forum.

Thanks
    Pauline xx
    Hi, I’m Pauline. Keeping positive, working through a bucket list with the love of my life, my husband Gareth.

Diagnosed July 2022 Bulbar onset ALS. PEG fitted but not used yet. Speech poor, some swallowing issues, right arm weakness and loss of dexterity, left arm getting weaker. Starting to feel unsteady on feet but still mobile.

Red circles in pics linked here:-

Click on your account at top right
    scroll down to the settings, select 'account' then 'edit signature'

(my pics here are in the wrong order - right hand pic first)
    Attached Files
    2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.
    Also Crohn's Disease from 2005ish. (Hi, I'm Dan in Cheshire)...

Comment

Thanks Dan! I’ll try it later.
      Hi, I’m Pauline. Keeping positive, working through a bucket list with the love of my life, my husband Gareth.

Diagnosed July 2022 Bulbar onset ALS. PEG fitted but not used yet. Speech poor, some swallowing issues, right arm weakness and loss of dexterity, left arm getting weaker. Starting to feel unsteady on feet but still mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcadian View Post
        Red circles in pics linked here:-

Click on your account at top right
        scroll down to the settings, select 'account' then 'edit signature'

(my pics here are in the wrong order - right hand pic first)
        Tried that and my post signature is saved in my user settings and enabled but it’s not adding as a post signature annoyingly!

Comment

Ignore my last, I hadn’t saved changes at the bottom doh!!! Thanks

Comment

Mrs. Taff Are you and Arcadian competing for the teeniest signature 😉🙂
            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
            Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Ellie Size matters (from a visual accessibility aspect) - so I've just gone from an 8 to 9 (font).
              Didn't want a signature detracting from a message though.
              2020: odd symptoms. Nov 2021: Hand atrophy.. Mar 2022: Second arm atrophy - Confirmed Apr 2022: MND.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                Mrs. Taff Are you and Arcadian competing for the teeniest signature 😉🙂
                😂😂😂

Comment

Size matters (from a visual accessibility aspect)
                  It was the accessibility issue I was subtly addressing 😳

It can be incredibly time consuming, frustrating and/or difficult for someone with limited dexterity or who uses assistive technology to have to zoom in or adjust the page text size etc.

Comment

Cheers, what do you think is a more practical font size / minimum?

It had crossed my mind, as I'm long-sighted and use reading glasses. If using a phone / tablet in bed at night with weakened arms, it was a bit of a future concern that something as simple as putting reading glasses on becomes a challenge.

Comment

I'm often half-afraid to draw attention to something which a person (or people) isn't aware of and which can cause other people major problems - I fear it might ruin their 'now' 😬 but, at the same time, I know that some people, including me, can have real difficulty with accessibility.

... what do you think is a more practical font size / minimum?
                      It depends on what font is used and the colour of text used, but I'd say that a text size of 10-11 should be okay for most fonts.

Thanks Dan xx

Comment

Cheers Ellie I campaign on an unrelated illness / disability awareness front around accessibility adaptations for that specific issue, so I'm always happy to learn and share other additional considerations and adaption aspects that make other folks lives easier overall.
                        Not being able to put reading glasses on one morning concerned me a bit, so thanks for highlighting the reality of living through additional challenges.

Comment

Arcadian I had my eyes lasered shortly after diagnosis; being hand onset meant contact lens use was difficult. xx

Comment

Sorry for laughing at your comment Ellie but it was amusingly written… I did immediately increase my font though, so the message did get through x

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Taff View Post
                              Sorry for laughing at your comment Ellie but it was amusingly written…
                              Oh Pauline, I wasn't scolding you or Dan, but yes, I noticed that you changed the size of your text, thank you 😘

Comment

Working...
                              X