X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kayleigh
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2018

I expect all the girls love you in Tesco's too TC!

Hugs,
    Kayleigh x

P.S Don't forget to collect your clubcard points every time you shop in Tesco's! I like to save my points up to spend on lots of treats at Christmas.
    Fun fact: In exactly 4 months time, it will be Boxing Day!

Comment

• Ellie
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2012

Hi Dina,

How are you holding up??

Do you get any physiotherapy when you're in there? Don't want you seizing up in there or we'll have to send in some WD40 to you

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Gillette
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2019

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for asking. The boredom has passed but today has been hard. On Saturday I started needing someone else to wash my face and brush my teeth and today I've started needing help with cutting up food. At the moment it almost feels as though every day some ability is lost.

Yes, I've been having some physiotherapy. Phew! Just avoided the WD40!
        How are things with you?
        Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

• Ellie
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2012

I'm sorry you're going through this difficult stage of progression Dina. I think it's the toughest stage - the week on week realisation of function loss is terrifying.

Once it's gone, you tend to not worry as much, which does sound strange. There's nothing else to lose...

I am so used to being dependent on people doing everything for me now, it doesn't faze me but it was tough in the beginning.

I remember my then newly independent 4y.o. cutting up my food for me and saying, "Now I can cut up your food mummy just like you cut up mine when I couldn't".

I had visions of you as the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz, complete with oil can

I am not liking this lakrk of it getting dark just after 9pm

Love Ellie.
          ​Diagnosed 2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

• Gillette
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2019

Thanks for your support, Ellie. I can understand the logic of worrying less when it's gone.
            Dina

Comment

• Terry
              Forum Member
              • May 2012

Hi Dina,

We all have such drab life's, so what's happening in that exciting place?

I'm at the gym overlooking a pool full of women, but yet to have coffee and my nut and fruit snack.

Hope you are feeling well.

Love Terry
              TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Gillette
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                Hi Dina,

We all have such drab life's, so what's happening in that exciting place?

I'm at the gym overlooking a pool full of women, but yet to have coffee and my nut and fruit snack.

Hope you are feeling well.

Love Terry
                Hi Terry,

I have given the lowdown on the shenanigans at this esteemed institution in The Daily Dribble. *smiles innocently
                Dina

Comment

• Terry
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2012

Hi Dina;

Are you really that bored.

Nice to get your hair done.

Love Terry
                  TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                    Forum Member
                    • Nov 2018

Hi Dina,

The weather seems to be much cooler now. I had to make a quick retreat from my garden yesterday due to a sudden downpour of heavy rain. Looks like the Summer is over then! LOL

As the children are going back to school this week, it should be quieter in the shops during school hours - yippee!! - less queues and I can also enjoy a peaceful mid-morning cuppa in my favourite cafe without loads of screaming kids running around. LOL

Well, I say peaceful, but it might not be that peaceful if I happen to be in the same cafe as TC playing his music to the cafe girls again! LOL

I hope everything goes well with your PEG op tomorrow.

Love and hugs,

Kayleigh x
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 1 September 2019, 15:58.

Comment

• Terry
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                      Great song TC but did you ever listen to its lyrics? Quite explicit to play to a bride-to-be, or maybe that was your last ditch plan to have her call off the wedding
                      Love Ellie.
                      No, I didn't listen to them, just the main bit. She was worried about things then and another lady their said that he was worried about losing her because you are gorgeous.

That's why. I am surprised that it was not banned.

Love Terry

Comment

• Terry
                        Forum Member
                        • May 2012

Hi,

I'm in trouble again, this time with my local village shop.

Once a month we have a petrol heads meeting there, for a load of old farts and me.

I just asked for another drink for them and I got abuse.

Maybe I did pick on one girl and say, "they can't hardly talk because their throats are so dry".

They normally offer a second cup earlier. She said that I better bring a big flask of coffee for next month.

I wouldn't mind but I was only thinking of others as I didn't want another drink myself.

But the main reason was to get a reaction, I succeed.

Love Terry

Comment

• Kayleigh
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2018

Hi Terry,

I hope you enjoyed your monthly catch-up with your petrol head pals.

It sounds like the girl in the shop wasn't too eager to serve more coffee - but hopefully she didn't scrimp on the extra cream you always like in your coffee Terry.

I also like lots of cream in my coffee - but unlike you, I am not sweet enough already, so I always need plenty of sugar in it too!

A bit cheeky of the girl to ask you to bring a flask of coffee next time. Hopefully the coffee server isn't usually that unfriendly! Perhaps, for some reason yesterday, she was feeling rather like a sad coffee - 'Depresso' LOL.

Next time you meet your pals in that shop for coffee, if you tell the girl a few gags and jokes it might cheer her up?? .... LOL ....

- A guy walked into a coffee shop and orders a coffee to go.
                          The coffee gets up and leaves.

- Where do birds go for coffee?
                          To the Nestcafe!

- How did the hipster burn his tongue?
                          He drank his coffee before it was cool.

- I said to my Doctor "Every time I drink coffee, I get a stabbing pain in my eye".
                          The Doctor replied "Have you tried taking the spoon out?"

- What is the opposite of coffee?
                          Sneezy!

- What do you call a cow who has just given birth?
                          De-calf-inated.

- I went into a coffee shop and asked the barista "how much is a cup of coffee?"
                          The batista replied "£2 a cup and the refills are free".
                          I said "That's great, I'll have a refill please".

... and finally, a friendly warning, drinking too much coffee can cause a latte problems! LOL

Love
                          Kayleigh x

Comment

• Barry52
                            Forum Member
                            • Mar 2012

Thanks for putting a smile on my face Kayleigh and don’t forget I am the sugar daddy having worked in the industry for 38 years.

Barry x
                            I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Terry
                              Forum Member
                              • May 2012

Very good, Kayleigh,

The shop girl is quite nice in her own way. We get along well but I just try to wind her up and make her sort of smile.

Mind you I am a bit at risk of getting something poured over me. I am treading on hot coals.

Maybe I'll be more careful next month, no forget being careful and boring.

Just do it, Terry

Comment

• Kayleigh
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2018

Hi Terry,

You could take a large flask of coffee with you next month, as the girl requested. It would save you some money and you could ask the girl to pour it into cups for you and your friends - she might do it, if you ask her nicely?! LOL

You might be pushing your luck though and you might end up with her pouring hot coffee onto your lap instead of in the cups!

Perhaps Sugar Daddy Barry could come along as well? - together you would definitely be able to sweet talk her into it! LOL.

Love
                                Kayleigh x
                                Last edited by Kayleigh; 5 October 2019, 18:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X