Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRETAGNE
    replied
    Hi all, trust you've all had a great Christmas. Just wondering how TAPG1 got on.

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    Thank you so much Lynne l appreciate the reply.

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    Anxious1, When l am able and ready l will let you know. Just so you know my symptoms were different to yours.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    TAPG1, Dina hit the nail on the head. If you haven't had an MND diagnosis morning headaches could be something other than an MND symptom. But if it was that you have been diagnosed you wouldn't get headaches at the beginning. It's due to higher co2 levels in your system. That's if you haven't been breathing out enough which Is a consequence of poor breathing during the night with advanced MND. I get asked if I have morning headaches every time I see my neurologist. I haven't had Headaches in the mornings yet. Lynne
    Last edited by Lynne K; 15 December 2019, 16:31.

Leave a comment:

• anxious1
    replied
    Yeah. Can you let us know how you got on please? I must confess I have gained a bit of perspective in recent weeks having taken a little confidence in that I had twitching but without weakess and atrophy. As you also didn’t have these, i thought you would be similarly ok. You have intimated you were correct which ive taken rightly or wrongly that you at the very least must have had a strong indication you may have mnd. Its a wee bit cryptic so once you feel able to can you let us know please?

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by TAPG1 View Post
    Can you give me any advice on morning headaches Lynne, is there anything you can do to prevent them and what causes them?
    Hi TAPG1

When Doug asked if you had a diagnosis you gave a somewhat cryptic reply. Advice about headaches would vary depending on what diagnosis you have been given.

I understand that you are quite possibly struggling with whatever diagnosis you’ve been given but you should also understand that it would be unwise to offer advice about MND headaches if it’s not MND that has been diagnosed.

I sincerely hope you don’t have MND. When you feel ready, please do let us know what the doctors have told you.

With best wishes

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    Thank you Lynne and l hope you are keeping good xx Can you give me any advice on morning headaches Lynne, is there anything you can do to prevent them and what causes them?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Glad that you're on your way home TapG1. Take care. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    Doug, lm pleased to be going home to my family. In-relation to my symptoms, all lm going to say at the moment is that l was right. I will post sometime but just not at the moment. Thank you Doug and God bless.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    I'm sure you'll be pleased to get home.

Have you been given a diagnosis for your symptoms?

Doug

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    I'm going home today.

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    I forgot to say thank you Lynne for replying to me x

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    Thanks Lynne. So you can experience tic sensations! Do you think yours was down to stress Lynne? My problems seem to be the slurring, cough, constantly need to swallow (maybe that's anxiety) and muscle twitching/fasciculation. Surely ld have some weakness by now would l...There's nobody telling me anything here. My symptoms seem to be worse on my left side😏 lm sooo confused with everything.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Hi TapG1, I had a tick in my face on and off for many years pre MND. I accepted that it was stress.

About leading up to diagnosis no ticks, twitching or cramps. My early problem before diagnosis
    was to do with my ballance. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• TAPG1
    replied
    Good morning all, Can anyone advice me on this please! Has anybody experienced tic like sensations (That's the only way l can explain it sorry) with twitching? I've a lot of twitching today and don't feel well at all and constantly need to swallow. How did ye all cope while waiting on a diagnosis!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X