• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you.

CCxx

Comment

Hi Ellie, dear;

I thought that highlighting it would give others inspiration to post if they too had a PM from this or another person.

Please note that Glonth might of not meant any harm by this PM and may well be on here as they are affected by Mnd.

I have had a PM in the passed by people that could not post at all for advise on how and why.

Love Terry
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Gang

I just want to back up what Terry just said. Yes there could have been no harmful intent behind the message. I initially thought this person was referring to the London attack even though there was no mention of the attack.

Then after reading it again I became confused by it and felt maybe it was some kind of threat or warning to me, which is why I became concerned over it. Since I'm a computer idiot and really don't know how all this cyber stuff works I thought maybe someone was going to attempt to do me some kind of harm which is why I wanted Security to walk me out late at night because this 'Glonth' stated to keep my eyes and ears open for 'bad' people with a lot of exclamation points at end of message.

CCxox

Comment

Hi I also had a private mail from glonth,, saying that they were diagnosed with pls last year and was just saying hello,, and said feel free to chat, is was signed Ed,,, Katrina x

P.s, he also said he wasn't sure how the site worked and hadn't quite got the hang off it yet.

Comment

Maybe Mnda can email him and see what his situation is Kitty;

This sit does have a few glitches from time to time and we don't want to exclude Mnd people.

Love Terry
            TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Kitty

Did you attempt to respond back to him ? When I clicked onto his user name a message came up saying I did not have access to the page. Did he recently send you this PM ?

He made no mention to me of anything related to mnd or his name or who he was.

CCxx

Comment

Hi CC, I was too busy in town to reply. Now it says banned and then I noticed this post.

He did say he was new to the site and hadn't quite got the hang off it, that he just wanted to say hello as he was new, and that he had been diagnosed with pls last year, and that he was struggling with his downfalls just now and if I wanted to chat then I could message back. He signed off as Ed x, that's all he wrote to me,.. Katrina x

Comment

Hopefully he will come back and say more on the introduction section, Girls;

I know sometimes new comers can't post for a few days and sometimes they can post straight away.

We done right and the technical stuff on the forum was at fault.

Love Terry

Comment

Hi Kitty, Terry

Maybe mnda can speak with and help him out on how to access the forum if they decide to un-ban him so he can explain his message better or if he is in need of help.

I think my initial thought that his message to me was somehow related to the London attack was correct, but he went about it in a very bizarre way.

CCxox

Comment

Dear all,

Upon reviewing the situation we have reinstated the member 'Glonth'. We do not believe there to be any malicious intent involved but we appreciate your vigilance CC.

We know that Glonth will be offered a warm welcome and a wealth of support and information.

Kind regards
                      Moderator team
                      Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

Thanks Moderation Team,,

Love Terry

Comment

Dear Admin,

Poor Glonth... I'm glad it's sorted.

But that still leaves an issue: the fact users can register and instantly PM a Forum Member whilst still in the Moderation Queue, should not be allowed.

There used to be a 5(?) post minimum before the PM facility was enabled; Can this be reinstated?

Regards,
                          Ellie.
                          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Ellie,

Yes this is still an issue we are looking into.

Kind regards
                            Moderation team
                            Our working hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am until 5pm

Comment

Thank you Moderation Team.

Glad it was all sorted out, and do wish Glonth all the best as a member here.

CCxx

Comment

I want to thank everyone for understanding and that I meant no harm or threat to anyone.Just wanted to talk with other,s that have problem,s like I do.I'm sorry to make you all worry about my PM ,it won't happen again. glonth

Comment

Working...
                                X