Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mnd clinic Cambridge

Hi;

I am due to go to the Cambridge Mnd clinic this Thursday and believe it's moved since the last time I went nine months ago.

Is this page out of date? https://www.mndassociation.org/getti...res/cambridge/

Can you tell me where to go, now be kind.

Love Terry
    TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Hi Terry,

The Cambridge MND Clinic now runs out of the Arthur Rank Hospice. The address and directions to this hospice can be found here

Thank you for making us aware of the out of date page, I will ask for this to be changed.

Best Wishes,

Adele

Comment

Thanks Adele
      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Arthur Rank is a beautiful new building near addenbrookes easy parking and a nice restaurant if you want something to eat. Are you going to the MND meeting in the afternoon ?

Comment

Yes Rumba I'm going all being well;

Will you be there with Jay?

Have you had the tube put in this week?

There is someone else on the forum that could be there, I can't remember their name at the moment.

It is always nice to meet others from the forum.

Might try to book a meal at the hospice.

Love Terry

Comment

Yes Jay will be driving me there will be lovely to meet you. Tube going in tomorrow

Comment

Hope all goes well with the tube tomorrow Rumba.
              Ellie x.
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I have to own up before we meet on our first date, Rumba;

I don't exactly look like my picture, I had it airbrushed a little bit.

My wife can give Jay a few lessons in securing a wheelchair in a WAV, she does an excellent job.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Love Terry

Comment

That was asking for trouble Terry!! (That's answering your initial posting on this thread, for clarification).
                  Nettie ��

Comment

I just have no idea what you mean, Nettie,

Do you know where to go, then?

Love Terry

Comment

Hi Rumba and Jay,

Hope to see you both tomorrow and the other forum member should be there to.

It would be nice to get a photo of the 4 of us but won't be easy with limited time and wheelchairs. That's if people are happy to have it done and posted.

Love Terry

Comment

Lovely to meet both Terry and Fru yesterday after meeting on the forum it's always great to put faces to names
                        Terry has some pics of us he will upload

Comment

Yes, it was really great to meet you Rumba and Terry too. I found the meeting really informative and the speaker from the association was very easy to listen to. I enjoyed the Q&A session afterwards which threw up some very good points for discussion. The Cambridge meetings are incredibly well organised and very well supported XX

Comment

It was lovely that we could all meet up;

IMG_2089.jpg

From left to right, Jay, Rumba, Joy and me.

It was a good meeting and so nice to talk and communicate.

Love Terry

PS:- At one time I saw someone sitting alone because we had moved away talking. I signed for us to move closer to her so that she could hear what we were saying even if she can't at the moment join in. It's nice to hear what other are talking about even if it is not directly related to you. I am not saying that anyone's at fault but please think of the quite ones, just because they can't communicate much does not mean they don't want to. Mind you they probably don't want to hear what I say.

Comment

Hi Terry and gang,

Lovely to see you all as real people - ha ha!
                              It must be nice to meet people from the forum.
                              I haven’t been to any of my area meetings yet. I will have to make a determined effort to do so.

Bern x

Comment

Working...
                              X