X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I have posted this on another thread but thought I would also post here. This morning I recorded the last of the 350 sentences that Acapela require to create a voice. I sent them to Acapela and later today I heard back from them saying my voice was ready. They say that one can test and listen to one's voice as much as you might like. I have tested mine and was impressed with how it sounded (but that could be because I speak beautifully! Perhaps not!).

I didn't finish recording all of Model Talker's 1600 sentences. Acapela's 350 are certainly far less daunting and more easily completed, which is just as well as my voice is noticeably weaker this week than it was last week.

By the way, Acapela doesn't allow you to record some of your own phrases. Richard Cave suggested using a voice recorder app to record any special phrases etc and they can be incorporated into a communication device when the time comes.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Lynne

Dina is right. I've just checked and your message space is full.

I didn't find deleting messages easy the first time. You have to first select some messages, then go to the bottom and click Delete, then click Proceed. Messages in your archive contribute to the 50 message limit too and may need to be deleted if your inbox looks empty.#

Good luck!

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Lynne,
    I have just tried again to send you a private message but the system is still telling me that you have exceeded your storage limit. Isn't technology great?
    Dina

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
    According to MND Scotland (20/07/2018) Acapela costs €2400 (about £2070) plus £120 for an App if it’s to be used on iOS.
    I have used https://www.cereproc.com/en/products/cerevoiceme - Cerevoice - £500 I believe - it seems to have gotten my voice well

Best

Andy

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne K View Post
    Hi Dina, I've deleted all of my messages again. It looks like it didn't happen last time. So you ought to be able to send me a private message now, thanks. Lynne x
    Hi Lynne

I retyped the message and had another try at sending it. It still tells me your storage is full. (I only have two short messages in mine.)

I think I'll just have to remember to tell you if we meet soon.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Hi Dina, I've deleted all of my messages again. It looks like it didn't happen last time. So you ought to be able to send me a private message now, thanks. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Hi Dina/Gillette, I deleted all of my messages about a month ago. There's only a few there now so my inbox is not full. Have you checked yours too? I'll go see what's there but I haven't had any notifications recently. Maybe there's a blip on the site. So try again in a day or two. Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    According to MND Scotland (20/07/2018) Acapela costs €2400 (about £2070) plus £120 for an App if it’s to be used on iOS.

Further info: https://www.mndscotland.org.uk/media...king-final.pdf

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Lynne, I have tried to send you a message but am getting a message that you have exceeded your storage. My message won't get through until you have deleted some. I didn't know if you realised what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by JimWright View Post
    How much dose it cost.
    Jim, I couldn't find out the cost when I was searching the Acapela website. It's one of the things I am hoping to ask Richard Cave. I am hoping to speak to him on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• JimWright
    replied
    How much dose it cost.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Lynne, as I am still at the voice recording stage and the Speech Therapy team haven't paid for anything yet, I thought I would talk to them to see whether they might be willing/able to pay for Acapela instead of ModelTalker. It has to be worth asking, doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    I had to do Model Talker and use it with Predictive because these were the only ones supported by my speach therapy service. What a challenge to get it to say things in my accent and not American English. But some words and phrases are still very strange so I'm thinking about doing Acapela too. Then I can choose which to use in Predictive. I'll have to fund it myself. My speach isn't as clear as it was when I did Model Talker so I'll have to choose a time of day that I'm clearest to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Thank you, Richard. I shall try to ring you on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• speedoftrust27
    replied
    Voice Banking

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
    Thanks for that, Terry. I had read your comments on another thread and thought I would see what else Richard Cave has to say, before I talk about it with my speech therapist. As my voice is showing signs of weakness, I think 350 sentences are much more doable than 1600.
    Hi, I am very happy to help and talk through the options and it may be best to have a chat on the phone or to email me. My number is 07898 721278 [email protected].

thanks
    Richard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X