Travel Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Insurance

Hi, can anybody advise on which company to go with for travel insurance? Is MND classed as a condition you have been given a 'terminal' prognosis for? I know its at present incurable but for insurance purposes is it classed in the same way as cancer? I was insured before no problem when they thought I had multifocal motor neuropathy but now have a PMA diagnosis?

Hi, we went to Disney in Florida in June with our daughter and her family she is 33 and diagnosed in Sept last year, we found a company called ‘Insurance with’ they covered her for MND ALS with no problems at a reasonable price we all went on the same policy just in case a separate insurance company wouldn’t cover us if we had to come back early in case of any problem with her as a lot don’t cover you if you have to come home early because of something you knew about before you went, there were 6 people on the policy and if I remember correctly it was just under £400 a lot wante two and three times that much. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Jo,

I can recommend https://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/

You can apply online and answer the medical questions. For people with pls or pma then it is best not to refer to MND as the website assumes als.

If you intend to travel often then an annual policy may be best. Expect to pay around £400 for Worldwide excluding America and Canada.

Best wishes,
      Barry
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Medical travel insurance = rip off

Comment

Thank you Barry!

Comment

Thank you Jaxx,

That sounds very reasonable for all of you. I hope you had a great holiday and that your daughter is doing well.
            Jo

Comment

Sounds like you didn't have a positive experience Christoff?
              Sorry to hear that?
              Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Christoff View Post
                Medical travel insurance = rip off
                Hi Christoff,

I agree and like anything for those with a disability, we are a captive audience.
                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Thanks Jo, spent ages trying to find cover at a reasonable price, hope you’re doing ok.

Comment

Working...
                  X