DNR your choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I believe it's the choice of the patient, my wife agreed for her doctor to put the DNR into place and this was done about 5 months after diagnosis when we were requested to fill in a will of life ? ( I think that's what it was called ) basically stating what my wife's wishes were
    Tim and Mary

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    Forum Member

• Terry
    replied
    Hi jee;

It is up to the person concerned and needs to be a completed form carried or produced and the relevant time.

I have had a completed form for eight years now, and many of us do not want to be resuscitated should it come to that.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Jee
    started a topic DNR your choice?

DNR your choice?

Hi everyone,
    My gran was diagnosed with bulbar onset mnd in January. She’s already struggling a lot to talk, chokes and has agreed to have a peg tube placed for when she needs it. Her limbs are all still working fine.
    Recently while in hospital a doctor told her in a quite offhand manner that ‘obviously she wouldn’t be resuscitated because of her condition, if it came to that’
    Does anyone know if this is true?? I thought this was the individuals choice and not taken out of their hands by a Dr?
    Or does it depend on what the person is suffering from?
    Thanks for any information.
Working...
X