No announcement yet.

Wheel chair v Riser recliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ellie, Dave, Miranda and Kayleigh. I sent the scanned invoice for a dual motor chair to my OT as an attachment but the Council site won't open it. So I've got to scan it again and make a PDF to send to her. I'll do that whenever I get home, hopefully midday tomorrow. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Lynne.
      I didn't realise that you are still in hospital - I hope you are being made comfortable and that you are being looked after well.
      Kayleigh x

Comment

Lynne, if you have trouble scanning the quote, there's an excellent App called Genius Scan for Android or iOS. It will scan the document as a PDF and is easy to use.

Love Ellie.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Hi Lynne;

Sometimes I scan as a picture and send that. I am probably thick, (no comments please) but my scanner doesn't seem to save as a word document.

Love Terry
          TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Thank you all. I came home from hospital yesterday afternoon. I'll sort out the chair quote later today. I fell at home last night. Really hurt operation wound, hopefully that I haven't damaged it. Its been more sore over night. Lynne
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Comment

hi lynne
              im so glad that you are at home,
              hope you not in to much pain from your fall
              love
              emma x

Comment

take care x

Comment

Thanks Emma and Shrew. My wound was very sore overnight and this morning. I took 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen and after 20 or so minutes if I don't bend forward I feel much more comfy. Lynne

Comment

Hi Lynne,

What a hard time you're having ! I do hope you feel better soon.
                    Take Care and stay safe.
                    Love Debbie x

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Welcome home.

Sorry to hear about your fall - that must have really hurt, and was probably a nasty shock for you.

I hope you are getting plenty of rest, and relaxation and that you have a speedy recovery from your operation.

Take care,
                      Love Kayleigh x

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Just wondering how you are getting on after your fall? Hopefully, you are OK and are having a good rest, so that you can recover from your operation.

Hopefully, not long until you here back from the MNDA about funding for a riser/recliner - I expect you could do with a comfy chair to relax in!

Love
                        Kayleigh x

Comment

Hi Kayleigh. Thanks for asking. You are a star. I did hurt my wound when I fell but it's settled down quite a bit since. I think the wound has an infection because it's red and stings so I photographed it and sent it to the nurse who visited me today. She looked in a rush and didn't see it but told me to send her a photo. About the rise and recline chair: my OT said that she couldn't open the attachment that I'd sent her (containing the quote) because of the Council's security settings. She asked me to send it again as a PDF. I'm going to do that shortly. I'm looking forward to getting a comfy chair but I expect that it will take a month or two to sort out. Lynne x

Comment

Thanks Debbie. Sorry for the delay in replying. Lynne x

Comment

Hi Lynne,

It's a shame the nurse was in a rush - hopefully she will be able to see you again soon - just in case wound is infected. You may need to get something prescribed to clear any infection up - last thing you need at the moment is pain from an infected wound!

Sound like riser/recliner will take some time - but hopefully you will get one next month, if not before then.

You are probably having to stay indoors at the moment to recover, but it's quite chilly outside today anyway. There's never much going on for me in January/February and so I am looking forward to the Spring.

I watched new series of 'Grantchester' on Friday and 'Cold Feet' on TV last night - both quite good, and at least they make a change from the quiz shows I usually like to watch
                              Kayleigh x
                              Last edited by Kayleigh; 15 January 2019, 18:20.

Comment

Hi again Kayleigh. My nurse is coming again next Monday. I haven't heard back from her yet about the photo that I sent her. I sent the PDF version of my chair quote to my OT about 90 minutes ago. I too hope that I get a chair by next month. I'll send you a pm now. Lynne x

Comment

Working...
                                X