Tobii 4c eye tracker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi terry, no its not my wife in any video, not seen all the video, my son has ordered one of tobii's if it works great, if it doesn't then at least we have tried.

dave.

ps
    it does mean we have to by a more upto date laptop, I've told my wife it needs a new smart tv to go with it

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi ellie, I just wanted to know if other mnd sufferer's are or have used it, my wife had full use of her arms and legs in july, now she has nothing, only very slight movement of her left hand, she can't text now, plus her voice has virtually gone, not criticising anyone, but her illness is going down faster than any help the services are providing.

dave.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Yes, I use the Tobii 4C David - what do you want to know about it?

Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi David,

I'm sure Ellie will respond and she also wrote this,

The best technology without hands is Eye Gaze. Rather than physically moving a cursor with a mouse, the user looks at the specific letter, icon etc. on the screen, dwells on it for a specified time which acts as the “enter” key.
    The vast majority of eye trackers only work with Windows platforms, as does eye gaze software. The best, as in most responsive and thus most forgiving & least frustrating, is the Tobii EyeX. It costs about £100 and although aimed at developers, its software is easily downloaded. Best of all is the free open source software available which gives the user full PC control. The PC or tablet must have an USB3.0 port & pref an i5 processor.

I suggest your wife (if that’s her in the video, Helen or Rose, not sure) maybe tries a camera mouse – free, for Windows only – or if there is an equivalent for iPad to see what she thinks. Download Optikey to use as controls. She had very good head control in the video.

Of course your wife should be assessed by an AAC Team but I know it’s very much a postcode lottery in the U.K.

Ellie

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Tobii 4c eye tracker

Tobii 4c eye tracker

Hi, My son has just showed me a demo of the tobii c4, I was just wondering if anybody has used this, it looks very good, as my wife has lost the use of her hands, I have ordered one, but need an upto date laptop (curry's job).
    thanks
    Dave.
Working...
X