Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal alarm with auto dialling

Hi,

Has anyone invested in a personal alarm that will auto dial a mobile number?

I think it is something that I need to get, any suggestions on the best ones or where to get one?

Thank you in advance.

Gwynie

Hi Gwynie,

There are a few threads on this, perhaps search for 'alarm' whilst waiting for replies.

Common advice is to check with your council to see what they can supply and Deb recommends the Buddi alarm, details Here

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Thanks Ellie x

Comment

How must do you have to pay for the Buddi alarm and do you use the bracelet, clip or both? Lynne x
        ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

I pay around £20 a month for mine and I have used both watch type and necklace I prefer round the neck personally 😁😍xx
          Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong 🤗😘🤗😁xx

Comment

Thanks Mathew. Imagine not going to get one. Lynne x
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

My buddi wristband costs 2 pounds a month and it is linked to my families phones. It costs more if it's linked to their call centre. It detects a fall but if you have hand movement you can push a button, which is a bit fiddly or shake your wrist to trigger an alert. I think it was about 100 ponds to buy and the wristband is comfortable.

My mum has a care alarm around her neck and by her bed linked to a call centre and this was provided for by adult social care so this maybe an option xx

Comment

I have spoken to my OT and the alarm people are coming on Wednesday.
                Check with your council, some do them free of charge, unfortunately not all councils.

Comment

That's great Gwynie.

If you can, please let us know how you get on as it might be helpful to others.

Love Ellie.
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I have one through through the council and it’s £395 a year, not had to call them out as yet but it’s peace of mind x
                    Janette x

Comment

£3.65 a week via Linkline in my area. It's a very good service especially if living alone. You can add into the basic kit things like linked smoke alarms...falls detector....gas detector....medication reminder etc
                      Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Has anyone tried to use Amazon Alexa or Google Assist for this yet? They both are automated and should be capable of making internet calls on vocal command. Vocal command with Eye Gaze technology would work also. I also think they have wrist watch type of blue tooth devices that interface with computers that should be able to make phone calls as well. A lot of new tech is being marketed that would serve multiple purposes for people w/MND.

(edit; You can make calls and send texts with Alexa through an android phone app.)

Comment

Working...
                        X