Predictable App

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predictable App

Hi , Wondering if I can get one to one help on using Predictable version 6 App.
    The problem is I haven’t got great IT skills and learn better by being shown.
    My voice is getting weaker so want to get myself ready to use Predictable app.

Wondering if MND association have any volunteers who could help me with a bit of tuition?

I did have some help from SALT team but need more and don’t want to ask SALT team again really.

Please advise
    Mary

Hi Mary C I've got the same app....& by the sound of it the same IT skills😏
    It links to the Accapela voice banking in my case. However I'm relying on my SALT nurse to help me as the set of instructions I've been sent would confuse an IT genius IMO. Sorry not to be able to offer practical support but wanted you to know Im in the same boat.
    I'm interested to know what advice you get πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‡πŸ€”
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Mary

I've replied to your private message.

Best Wishes

Rachel
      MND Connect Adviser
      MND Connect
      Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Mary C View Post
        Wondering if MND association have any volunteers who could help me with a bit of tuition?
        Ooh, that's a good idea Mary, hope the answer is yes. xx

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Hi Mary,

Here is a training video: -

New Predictable User guide - YouTube

There are more...
          Copyright Graham

Comment

To be my usual devils advocate self I must point out that all these companies make extpravagant claims and you still end up paying a small fortune to sound like a robot. Let go and choose a voice that is already made. It's easier for me because while other people liked my voice, I hated it! πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜˜xx
            Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Mary C I have banked my voice with Acapela & downloaded the predictable App.
              I was advised today to follow this simple instruction & it's worked!

Go into the predictable app on the phone and choose cog-wheel settings icon in the bottom row of the keyboard, then select speech in the left side and then Acapela on the right side, then select import your voice - put in your Acapela login & password and it will load.
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                I was advised today to follow this simple instruction & it's worked!
                A technophobe no more πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ˜˜

​

Comment

Ellie if I typed in the instructions from Acapela 1.it would take me all day to type & 2.It made no sense to me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                  The SALT nurse gave me the idiots guide πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
                  Last edited by LindaB; 28 September 2021, 16:41.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaB View Post
                    The SALT nurse have me the idiots guide
                    Seriously though, there should be a readily available printed 'Idiot's Guide'.

A few mins of various videos whizzing through setup and settings won't make any sense to many users.

I think Mary C 's idea of having someone being able to talk a new user through the App would be ideal for some people. xx

​

Comment

Graham thank you for the link for Predictable 5 ..I have version 6 but there will be similarities.
                      best wishes
                      Mary

Comment

Hi all

The Speech and Language Therapist who organises Predictable (or any sort of communication aid) for someone would be expected to spend time with the person showing them how to use it and answering any questions. This sometimes doesn't seem to happen though.

If anyone ever needs any help with something like this then please do just contact us and it's likely we can sort something out, as we did for Mary.

Best Wishes

Rachel
                        MND Connect Adviser
                        MND Connect
                        Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Thankyou MND /Rachel

I did get shown basics by SALT team but so much more to learn.Also I have printed off user manual and on google there is a you tube session on predictable 6 version.
                          However , I learn better when shown and as not using it yet I have forgotten somethings I was told.
                          My IT basic skills aren’t great.
                          Looking forward to being more confident with this APP as my voice is on its way out.

Thankyou
                          Mary

Comment

Working...
                          X