Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife newly diagnosed

Hi,
    My wife had her diagnosis of FTD with MND confirmed recently. Would like to talk to someone about this as this is a lot to process. I am in South Wales would appreciate contact details of local support groups
    thanks

David1963 sorry this diagnosis now confirmed. Maybe the best people for advice MNDConnect ?

​​​​​​​Good luck & take care🙏xx
    Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Hi David. Do you have a local hospice? They do get involved in lots of support groups etc. They do more than just the end phase if that makes sense.

I bet its a huge shock for you x
      Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Dear David,

I can imagine you are overwhelmed at the moment after your wife has received a diagnosis of FTD. If you feel it would help for you to join a support group, South Wales has several very supportive groups, The Cardiff & Vale of Glamorgan branch, please contact Sue Edwards on 07873260403 for more details or the South East Wales Branch please contact Judith Rice on 01633 894108.
        If you would prefer we also have a team of Association Visitors who can also offer support. Carol Smith is the Area Support Co-ordinator for South Wales, if you would like to explore the option of an Association Visitor, please contact Carol on 01604 800615.
        You can also contact the MND Connect Team, we can answer any questions you may have, or we can also be here to talk to you. Our n umb er is 0808 802 6262 or email: [email protected]

With kind regards
        Jacqui Anderson
        Senior MND Connect Adviser
        MND Connect
        Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X