Mnd grant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mnd grant

Hi. Time for a low threshold door so I can get out the house in my wheelchair. I think I will need my OT assessment for this. Mnd connect or others did you need a health staffs assessment please.
    Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Hi shelly21

We are getting the level access door at the end of April. The OT referred, I believe and then because we are in a housing association they applied for a Disabled Facilities grant from the council (we are in Cumbria).

It took from September so IF it turns up at end of April, a 7 month wait from application.

Good luck
    Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Dear Shelly21,

Your Occupational Therapist will be able to assess you for adaptations such as making a threshold lower. If you are eligible the OT would be able to make an application to the local authority for a Disabled Facilities grant (DFG) to cover the cost. These grants are means tested and can take some time to arrange.
      If a DFG application would take too long or you would not be eligible, then the OT can apply to the MND Association for a support grant to help cover the costs.
      Please do contact us if you have any questions. Our email is: [email protected]
      With kind regards
      Jacqui Anderson
      Senior MND Connect Adviser
      MND Connect
      Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Thank you Jacqui. We wouldn't qualify for the disability grant as my partner works. I will ask my OT to do the application. Thank you again.

We have spent all our savings on building our downstairs bedroom and bathroom. Hopefully this will be the last adaptions we will need
        Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Working...
        X