Covid booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid booster

Been offered the covid booster but my partner and carer who is 62 hasn't. Can she also have it?

Dear Stevedp,

It has just recently been announced that unpaid carers will be offered a covid booster in the autumn. At the moment there is no provision for unpaid carers to have the vaccine unless they qualify under a different category, such as yourself.

With kind regards
    Jacqui Anderson
    Senior MND Connect Adviser
    MND Connect
    Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Thank you for the information Jacqui

Comment

I tried to get covid booster for my husband as social services are trying to find a care home for him. Told he has to be over 75 and immune deficient. GP surgery has announced covid boosters available October. January we both had our boosters at home. So we wait and see what happens.
        😊
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I qualified for the booster jab (4th) being vulnerable. I booked online a month or so ago and showed one of the letters from the DHSS. My wife (also over70) came with me as my carer. The vaccination centre kindly agreed to give her the booster too.
          Diagnosed June 2019. Bulbar palsy. Lost voice. Using PEG fitted April 2021 alongside eating normally albeit slowly and messily at times.

Comment

I was going to book my 4th jab/booster, but then I contracted COVID …I suppose the 4th dose can wait till late fall now..?

Comment

Got my covid booster yesterday my gp surgery also sent my partner a link to have hers done at the same time.

Comment

AngieCanuck We would suggest you contact NHS 119 to discuss when you can rebook your 4th Covid booster jab if you are in the UK .
                MND Connect
                Contact us on 0808 802 6262 or at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X