X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hi Hayls,

I'm glad you enjoy Pam Ayes' humour, as much as I do!

It's not always easy to be light-hearted or to see the funny side of life, with all that we are going through! - but sometimes a bit of a joke, or a chuckle or three, helps me to keep the blues away and to get through the challenges of the day.

Sending love and best wishes to you and your husband,

Kayleigh x

P.S .. and as you like my jokes so much (LOL), you might be amused(?) to read the ones about elephants I posted today - They are a 'P.S.' in my 2nd circus themed post (in the 'Big Gees Music Thread' - Off Topic)
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 19 October 2019, 18:17.

Leave a comment:

• Hayls
    replied
    Oh Wow Pam Ayers, she’s a legend in my household, bravo Kayleigh, nothing like a good belly laugh on a Saturday morning, you’ve worked your magic again

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hi Kayleigh,

I’ve just finished laughing so I can now type to say thanks for this post.

Love,
    Barry x
    Hi Barry

I'm glad you appreciate Pam Ayres' sense of humour as much as I do!

... and I'm also very glad to hear it raised some chuckles from you - rather than raising a virtual slap on the wrist for me, for being cheeky enough to post it! LOL

- Love to you and your wife.

Or, alternatively, if your wife is married to the man Pam Ayres was talking about LOL:-

- Love to you and your very patient and long-suffering wife! LOL (only joking Barry! - you are always the perfect gentleman, and undoubtedly you are a perfect husband too!)

Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17 October 2019, 19:38.

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Originally posted by Gillette View Post
    Lovely variety of corn there, Kayleigh. Thank you for making me chuckle
    Hi Dina,

I'm glad you enjoyed my selection of corn. I found that Google offers quite a wide variety in its cornfield - but I had to be quite careful to pick ones that were PC enough for today's audiences (as there seems to be quite a lot out there that might be viewed as sexist, especially concerning marriage!). LOL

(I have to admit though, some of the 'not so PC' ones I read, did make me chuckle as well! LOL)

Hugs
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17 October 2019, 12:01.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Kayleigh,

I’ve just finished laughing so I can now type to say thanks for this post.

Love,
    Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Lovely variety of corn there, Kayleigh. Thank you for making me chuckle

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Furthermore, concerning husbands, I think that Pam Ayres' style of humour puts it so well! LOL ...

Pam Ayres - They should have asked my husband:-
    http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4oydSZTAns

Perhaps she was married to my husband before I was?? LOL -and the Tony Blair reference was a blast from the past!

Love Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17 October 2019, 00:32.

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hi Hayls,

I hope you are ok and you are enjoying married life.

As if the joke about the antenna & good reception wasn't bad enough LOL, I have some more jokes to entertain/torture you and other forum readers with LOL ....

- I wasn't very happy when my husband told me to stop impersonating a flamingo.
    I had to put my foot down! LOL

- My husband likes me to blow on his face when he is feeling hot....
    .....but, honestly, I'm not a fan! LOL

- My wife just found out I replaced our bed with a trampoline.
    She hit the roof! LOL

- I asked my wife what she wanted for her Birthday. She said "Nothing would make me happier than a diamond necklace'.
    I bought her Nothing. LOL

Sending love and best wishes to you and your husband,
    Kayleigh x
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 16 October 2019, 17:38.

Leave a comment:

• Hayls
    replied
    Kayleigh, that was very good ‘reception’ pmsl
    Deb, we sure did
    Lynne awww thank you, things are on the up

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Congratulations Hayls and new hubby. I'm sorry that you haven't been well. Good luck for a quick recovery and back to Sertraline. Love from another scouser, Lynne x

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Many Congratulations to you and your husband Haylis,

I really hope you had Huey Lewis and the News !

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hi Hayls,

Many congratulations to you and your husband.

I hope you are having an enjoyable weekend (despite the rather damp Autumn weather!). Hopefully the medication to treat EL will work quickly and you will be feeding much better very soon.

Love and best wishes to you and your husband,
    Kayleigh x

P.S .......
    - Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married.
    The ceremony wasn't very good - but the Reception was excellent! LOL
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 13 October 2019, 19:38.

Leave a comment:

• Hayls
    replied
    Hello Andy,

I am very lucky to have people both personally and professionally who are incredible supportive and as my speech was the first to be affected I’m sure the majority of my EL is pure frustration and feeling overwhelmed. I’m definitely not depressed but I’m starting to think my emotions are in use every second of everyday trying to keep going and the moment I see or here anything extra it’s like my emotional cup is overflowing lol, thank you for your comment, it’s helped me try to understand that everything is not a no hope, EL is part of me and I’ll try my best to reign it in and if I can’t, oh well lol all the best, glad you got someone you trust too

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon Hayls

Belated congratulations from me too.

I was talking to my supervisor one morning last week for our quarterly session and was trying to untangle the emotion that arises from knowing I have a death sentence and any changes that may be occurring as a result of that disease that causes more emotional lability.

After a short part of the session, we decided that such speculation was fruitless as it was can be quite difficult to work out what was what.

And my supervisor said that I was showing no less ups and downs than I did when I started seeing him, ten years ago, after my previous supervisor retired.

So I guess my conclusion is the best thing for me is to have a good person, or indeed people to talk to when I need to.

I hope you have this?

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Congratulations, Hayls!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X