Cold hands and feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold hands and feet

I was diagnosed with PLS/MND about a year ago. My whole life I wore shorts and flip-flops all year round. So far this winter, my hands and feet are freezing! My pulse is good in my legs, BP is good, still very active, eat a good diet, no alcohol, don't smoke, etc. Etc. Is this something I should expect from now on?

Randyluvsrianne hi. I was diagnosed with pls this summer and I too have freezing hands and feet this winter! My feet go a blue tinge they are so cold!! I don't understand the connection.
    Diagnosed June 2022. Confirmed MND which is currently PLS. Limb onset.

Comment

My husband had the same problem, he bought himself some heated socks.

Comment

My husband went the opposite way, he felt boiling hot all the time, but his hands and feet were freezing to touch. Consultant said to do with how his nerves were affected.
        Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicated with eye gaze

Sense of humour intact throughout.

Sadly passed away peacefully 2/9/22

Comment

Yes, cold hands and feet. I suppose it’s down to loss of bulk and consequent lack of heat retention in the core. It’s always the extremities that suffer first. Warm socks and warm blankets seem to do the trick.

Comment

Thank you all for the responses. I appreciate the feedback

Comment

Working...
            X