No announcement yet.

Teeth Brushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for extremely late reply Tess. Interdental brushes are used to clean between our teeth instead of floss. Lynne
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

That's ok. I find myself coming onto the forum in waves myself. A few weeks gaps then I'm back with a new query.

x

Comment

Hi Tess ,I do a journal most weeks of changes.I am seeing my neurologist in April.I have to accept we’ll be is always going to say I am worse..which I know!He is lovely and listens and tries to offer advise on symptom control.I now have to sit by the sink and use a low frothy toothpaste as regular toothpaste make me gag.When I go out to see anyone I do a mouth wash.I use teepees every day as am aware food sometimes sits in between teeth.My dentist got me to use a gum brush to try and keep plaque off gum area.I have use of hands but getting weaker.The people on here understand as many have experienced similar problems.
        Whatever the problem somebody is usually ready to suggest a way around it.Best wishes Mary.

Comment

That's great that you keep a journal! It's very interesting (or sometimes depressing) to see what changes are happening when and what order and how quickly. It's the changes that creep up on you that are the scariest when you 'take a step back' and think oh boy, this time last year XYZ. I might have to look at a different toothpaste soon as i'm noticing he's starting to gag ever so slightly when i reach the back teeth.

Comment

Why are you still using a brush? The 360 cold light is only £30 and hands free?

Comment

image_1157.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X