No announcement yet.

You couldn't do that for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that caring for someone who you love is the hardest choice a person can make. Choices are good and bad. The important thing is to stick when it's good or dump when it's bad. That's why it's so hard to do. Stay Strong x

Comment

Thanks Matthew. Nearly 11am and still in pjs. Staying calm and trying to be relaxed. Think I should take up fags and alcohol. Picture me with curlers in, scarf round my head, fag in my gob, mucky dressing gown and a gin. I'm probably going to be unapproved!
      oh and just in case you believe my description I am kidding 😄😂😁

Comment

Denise did you have your cuppa! I've never been unapproved so didn't know what you meant - sometimes I do mine in word and then just copy n paste so in case of mishaps I still have it, tee hee

The description fits my memory - in the 60s I had a cousin just like that !

There's nowt to come back here for just at the mo - most of us go into Tier 3 next week - lockdown by another name, not sure how it is where you are, mebbe a nice run to coast if Stephen still driving, blow cobwebs out for you,

Next week they start trashing my house - having a wet room fitted - I know beforehand that this will cause me grief - on top of everything there will be people in the place and all the muck and mess - only one person gonner clean it up and that's me - my husband could well be in the firing line - see I am even sodding anticipating it,

In sickness and in health, for better or worse, trouble is right now I cant remember the better or health my mind is a fuzz,

Sue

Comment

Oh sue building work on top of everything else you poor thing. I shall pass you the gin and fags! I was thinking I could do with a paint ball gun thing or something so I could at least make out I'm shooting him! It might appease the monster in me that needs the real thing.
          lock down must be horrendous for you. What will happen with the building work? I hope it goes quickly and smoothly.
          I recall insickness and in health and for better or worse. I never realised the scales would be leaning so much in one direction. Think if our roles had been reversed he would leave me in the bedroom and throw in the odd bread roll - on a good day! 11.30 and still in pjs. 😚

Comment

it will be a complete gut, even the ceiling lighting doesn't meet present regs - so that has to come down too, wouldn't mind but this place is only about 30 years old - nothing meets current standards, they have told me three weeks, so if I stop coming on here during that time you will know I have naffed off somewhere!! I'll go to the Ria off Aloah, no one would find me there - Oh I forget I cant cos of lockdown!

Would a cattle prod do?

You mention the what if "roles had been reversed" I've thought of that quite a bit but cant come up with a sane answer

Sue

Comment

Hi all, I try and remember every day about how MND affects not just me but my husband as he takes on more and more support for me. I try and encourage my hubby to do the things he wants to do for himself like go for a walk but often he says come with me and he pushes me around in the wheelchair. I think everyone needs a bit of time to themselves .I recognise I am still able to walk a little and my arms are weak but functional today of course this will change .I try and do what I can for myself and so far am able to shower and dress but can't put my left shoe on. So we have had the discussion on what I should do if my hubby was unwell or died before me as I would need care daily. I always thank him for what he does and tell him how much I love and appreciate him. We still laugh and enjoy being together .In no way am I minimising the impact MND causes to partners, spouses, carers etc as these are the people who are on call and obviously not always by choice. It is tiring for those that care for us and in my hubby I can see he now really runs the house, cooking , laundry and gardening to name a few tasks we shared for last 44 years .No doubt there will be days when my husband wishes he didn't have the situation we are in. We have close friends that have offered help with gardening , shopping, sitting with me when the time comes and even to go on a rota for overnight care if and when the time comes. Feeling Blessed. The hospice professionals always ask my hubby how is coping as do family and friends and offer support to him if and when he wants it .Best wishes to all carers, spouses who support us in so many ways to remain at home.

Comment

Mary that is lovely. I love my husband and I love being able to talk on here. I have no support here and no close friends so I need you guys.
                this morning quite early my husband announces he's going for a shower. I say it's early leave it a bit longer. 10 minutes later again he's going for a shower but adds it's still chilly he will go later. This happens another 3-4 times. Eventually he vanishes and announces he's had a shave and a shower. Ok I know he should be able to go for a shower but he could have fallen over and I wouldn't even know where he'd gone. Sometimes, actually quite frequently, I think I'm going nuts. My alone place is the bathroom. Even then I check with him that he doesn't need to go. Guess how I feel when covered with suds he needs to go and bangs on the door.
                I know he can't help it. I've always been a fairly calm person but sometimes.......

Comment

How can a 30 year old house be past it's sell by date? Disgraceful isn't the word for it.
                  3 weeks and so close to Christmas. Fingers crossed.
                  Denise xxx

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                    Oh I give up I've just been unapproved.
                    Is it because you're posting from Portugal? There must be some obvious reason.
                    Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

mebbe a couple of swear words!

Comment

Hugs all round and please keep smiling. xxxx That is twice in one day Denise.
                        Copyright Graham

Comment

I looked at my unapproved posting and the only thing that I can pin point is I said murder! I don't swear - only at home to stop me blowing my top. I'm not sure what I do wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
                            I looked at my unapproved posting and the only thing that I can pin point is I said murder! I don't swear - only at home to stop me blowing my top. I'm not sure what I do wrong.
                            Have you asked the forum admins?

https://forum.mndassociation.org/contact-us
                            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

I asked for a list of what we can't say but it never turned up. Perhaps cos I keep snogging everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X