Noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMG View Post
    Sometimes with great difficulty, he can make a noise to alert me, its a strange sound, but its the same noise whether it is something extremely urgent or something minor.
    Would a wireless doorbell be of any use to him/you? It's handy as the receiver can be heard around the house and the ringer is small and portable.

I ring once for general assistance, any more than the one, people know to come *now*... I tap it with my head, could your husband move any part of his body to ring a bell? xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

We have got an alert button with a pager receiver which i carry around. However he now has trouble moving his feet and his hands don't work. We did try setting up to be used by his head, but had too many false alarms as he moves his head to operate his computer which he uses most of the day. He has an alarm on the computer, but not linked to the pager.

I tend to only go upstairs or in the garden when the carers are here. And I rush in the loo...... or shower.

Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicates with eye gaze.

Respiratory and blood gases still within normal range.

No speech but sense of humour still fully intact.

Comment

Ellie

Thanks for the reply, it does get interesting. He can still do the "your nuts" look and "how do you get there, from what I said"

His twinkley eyes are still twinkley with humour, he just needs to be in his chair so I can see them.

MMG

The micro dot sounds good, he can't do the voice control any more. Plus with the head position (ie a bent 45 degree angle)

Yes and No nodding is not as clear.

We do get by. Hope his voice holds out. Yes He can still make sounds which is good, if he has kicked the foot buzzer out of reach.

Cheers

MND Posse

You Folks Rock
        Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

Working...
        X