Carer Support Groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carer Support Groups

Hi everyone. My local branch is looking to set up a support group specifically for anyone caring for someone living with MND so I’m wondering if anyone runs or participates in such a group and would be willing to share either publicly or privately what sort of things take place. What works / doesn’t work for you.

Thank you for reading

Sorry unable to share any information as I don’t participate in any carer group. Good idea though

Comment

Originally posted by Piglet View Post
      Sorry unable to share any information as I don’t participate in any carer group. Good idea though
      Thank you for responding

Comment

What usually takes place is we complain about lack of help and support. Sometimes we share tips . Mostly we just vent. Sometimes we just talk about anything but what we do. It's a difficult one because it can be depressing if someone is stressed you can come away feeling worse than you started. Basically I gave up. It didn't work for me.
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

I've only attended two so hardly a good one to pass on anything.

My experience, on zoom only, was they already have built up rapports with each other and I felt like an outsider, I was sat on my office chair for a couple of hours in front of my lappy and my backside hurt so I wont be visiting again, having said that I'm not one for face to face either so I'm a lost cause,

I'll wing it

Husband Albert diagnosed PMA Feb 21

Comment

Originally posted by denise View Post
            What usually takes place is we complain about lack of help and support. Sometimes we share tips . Mostly we just vent. Sometimes we just talk about anything but what we do. It's a difficult one because it can be depressing if someone is stressed you can come away feeling worse than you started. Basically I gave up. It didn't work for me.
            Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Suefromwakey View Post
              I've only attended two so hardly a good one to pass on anything.

My experience, on zoom only, was they already have built up rapports with each other and I felt like an outsider, I was sat on my office chair for a couple of hours in front of my lappy and my backside hurt so I wont be visiting again, having said that I'm not one for face to face either so I'm a lost cause,

I'll wing it
              Thanks for sharing Sue.

Comment

Working...
              X