No announcement yet.

Paradoxical breathing - are we near the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As always, thank you Ellie for your knowledge and compassion.

Comment

DeniseB-C thinking of you at this time. Best wishes that your Dad is comfortable and pain free.xx

Comment

I'm sure it will have brought your dad a lot of comfort to have had his family with him at this difficult time. I hope they can make him comfortable.

Comment

DeniseB-C thinking of you at this difficult time. Thank you for sharing x
          Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

DeniseB-C Thinking of you all too xx
            Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and words.

Comment

Dad was moved to the local hospice on Tuesday as we were advised that the DN’s didn’t have the capacity to come every day to deal with a syringe driver at home.

So hospice it had to be. He is now receiving meds via a syringe driver and was mostly unresponsive when I went there last night. It is very upsetting. I pray his body will allow him to slip away soon

take care everyone.

Comment

DeniseB-C Sorry to hear the DNs couldn't help. hope he is getting really good care in the hospice. Sending love to you all x
                  Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

DeniseB-C Thinking of you Denise. xx
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

DeniseB-C

Thinking of you and your Dad. x
                      Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Sending lots of love xxxx Hope he is peaceful. xxx
                        Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicates with eye gaze.

Respiratory function - CO² Up

No speech but sense of humour still fully intact.

Comment

Working...
                        X