Dad - gone but never to be forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dad - gone but never to be forgotten

My dearest dad passed peacefully last night after a slow, difficult decline over the last 2 weeks in the hospice. I was with him in those final moments and that means so much. My heart is aching but I take comfort in knowing he is suffering no longer. With any luck he is now playing football again on the great football pitch in the sky.

Thank you to all on here for advice and kind words over our 18 month journey.

Oh Denise, my heartfelt condolences to you. I'm glad you were with him at the end.

Wishing you you all strength over the coming weeks and months.

Love Ellie xx
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Sending condolences to you xxxxx
      Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicates with eye gaze.

Respiratory and blood gases still within normal range.

No speech but sense of humour still fully intact.

Comment

Sending condolences and much love to you. xx
        Bulbar onset diagnosed Nov 21. No speech but limbs ok so far.

Comment

Ah lovely that you were with your Dad. He is at peace now. Sending lovexx

Comment

Sending condolences for your loss. I am glad that you were able to be with your Dad and he is at peace now xx
            Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Heartfelt condolences to all your family

Comment

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Dad. What a difficult time the last month must have been. I'm glad you were able to be with him and that he is now at peace. Take care of yourself x

Comment

So sorry you have lost your lovely dad, good that he had your company at the end. And as you said, hopefully he’s enjoying those football games xxx
                  Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

im so sorry but like you said hopefully he is playing football.

love to you and your family.

love and hugs
                    denise xxx
                    when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Very sorry for your loss Denise 😔 xxx
                      Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

DeniseB-C - sorry to hear of your loss. Your Dad must have been so comforted that you were there with him though. Sending gentle hugs xx
                        Diagnosis confirmed Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years ignored/ misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now mainly left side, speech and some loss on right side too.

Unable to walk unaided (powerchair user), poor speech, left hand behaves like a drunk toddler but generally positive and determined.

Comment

Working...
                        X