• Show
Clear All

• Bowler
    replied
    matthew55 cheers.....good to have you back 😉

Leave a comment:

• matthew55
    replied
    We are all born and we all die. Time is the only thing that helps and it's a precious commodity. Try to focus on the good things and not dwell on the past. Just saying 😃x

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    Deb 😘

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    It must be impossibly difficult to be a full time support for a loved one with MND and then be left alone. MND carers are heroes !

Sending you big hugs Bowler and Shrew. Ann and Mick were fortunate to have your love and care.

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    richard that means so much. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• richard
    replied
    Bowler I know it’s the wrong forum but I just want to give you a big hug. Man to man, often needed but seldom received.

Richard

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    so sad for you Bowler. I know what you mean by your purpose. I find it so hard when I see couples together. I feel cheated out of our future. I am lucky, I have 2 daughters, a grandson, son in law, siblings, a job that I love. I try to stay positive but life will never ever be the same again

Leave a comment:

• Bowler
    replied
    shrew I feel a bit the same. I lost Ann to this evil thing ( my wife ) on 23rd October. I spent 5 years caring for Ann 24/7 365. Then at 4.30 am on that morning it suddenly all stopped. Since then I have lost my purpose in life. For the preceding year we never went further than the garden. Once lockdown kicked in we didn’t see anyone. Now people say that the current lockdown must be easy for me because I spent a year in a lockdown situation caring for Ann. It’s absolutely not the same. The silence is deafening.
    I tell myself things will get easier but until if and when that happens the good people on this forum are my life line.

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    I can relate to you Jane, I felt the same. I check in on here regular. You dont feel part of anything anymore when you are alone. I lost my Parents, I am no longer a Daugther, I lost Mick, I am no longer a Wife. Everywhere you go its couples. I wish you all strength as you face this terrible illness. My prayer is that one day there will be a cure.

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette Pearce
    replied
    I agree with you. I send you strength and energy to get you through xx Best Wishes xx

Leave a comment:

• Jane northwales
    replied
    I feel this loss although I sit next to my husband, we have had seven years since diagnosis but the ongoing grief as I loose another part of him is destroying me. My husband was born to save the world, such a gentle caring man, now he is dependent on the world to save him and it isn’t happening. I wish the same diligence could have been given to cure MND as it has for more Hugh profile illnesses.
    love and strength to you all xx

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette Pearce
    replied
    Bless all of those who suffer and help us try to remember the good times - make our tears “happy tears”

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    Puddy, so sad for you. we got just under a year (11 n half months) so cruel. Together since I was 16. I feel lost

Leave a comment:

• Puddy
    replied
    Oh Shrew, I could have written that myself. I think of how Nigel used to be and still can't believe he's gone. I lost him in August, just over a year from being diagnosed. xx

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    I cried the day Mick was diagnosed, and every day until he died, and everyday since. I felt our life was over when he was diagnosed, he struggled so much, we couldnt really do the things that we used to. I cry from loneliness now, I just miss him so much

Leave a comment:

Working...
X