Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My partner passed away

Hi everyone

This awful disease took my partner Stuart aged 44 on 20.12.21 he was at our local hospice, I was with him along with his mum and sister also. It was a peaceful death thankfully with the help of the wonderful staff and the medication provided.
    I am glad he is out if his misery now although he very rarely showed how tortured he was not being able to walk, talk and eat and so on. He was so strong and always had a smile on his face. Stu was too nice and too young to have such a fate. I miss him so very much it's heart breaking. Before he died he had secretly arranged with his friend a special gift for me. Its a silver locket with his finger print on, a pic of the two of us and a lovely inscription. Typical of Stu to be thinking of me even when he was so ill himself. I will treasure it forever! We need to find a cure for this evil disease

Mole41
    Forum Member
    Mole41 i am so so sorry to hear of the loss of Stu. Words can be very meaningless at times like this. I send you my sincere condolences, a big hug and say stay as strong as you can.
    richard
    Forum Member
    Last edited by richard; 28 December 2021, 08:39.
    Richard

Comment

So sorry for your loss, always hear if you need a chat.

Comment

Mole41
        Forum Member
        Mole41 My heart-felt condolences for the loss of your Stuart. What a wonderful gift to have, knowing that he was thinking of you and arranging to have something special that would help comfort you after he was gone.
        Husband diagnosed October 2020 with ALS. Started with foot-drop and weak grip/visible wasting in right hand. NIV and powerchair user.

Comment

Mole41
          Forum Member
          Mole41
          So sorry for the loss of your partner Stuart.It must have been hard seeing him suffer.For people on the forum it might offer confidence that the hospices do support people to have a peaceful end of life.
          Take care
          Mary

Comment

Mole41
            Forum Member
            Mole41 I’m very sorry for your loss of Stu. He sounded a wonderful human being and what a lovely keep sake he left you. Hugs πŸ€— Lynne xx
            Lynne K
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Lynne K; 28 December 2021, 13:23.
            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Mole41
              Forum Member
              Mole41 heartfelt condolences...it's good to know he was so well loved and cared for. Take care of yourself xx
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

Mole41
                Forum Member
                Mole41 My heartfelt condolences to you.

That Stu got you such an immensely thoughtful, loving and personal gift before he died, is a real reflection of the man you described above.

Wishing you strength - be kind to yourself.

Love Ellie.

​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

My thoughts are with you at this most difficult time. RIP Stuart πŸ™
                  Bulbar started Jan 2020. Mute and 100% tube fed but mobile and undefeated. Stay Strong πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ˜xx

Comment

Mole41
                    Forum Member
                    Mole41 I’m so sorry for your loss. 44 is no age, cruel disease.

Comment

Mole41
                      Forum Member
                      Mole41 So sorry for your loss 😒 my thoughts are with you xx
                      Janette x

Comment

So sorry for your loss. I can only hope that my own end will be as peaceful and surrounded by as much love.
                        Hi, I'm Eddie.
                        Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
                        Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Thankyou for having the strength at this awful time to post with your sad news.
                          Nobody can take away your grief, but please know that you are amongst people who understand the pain of this terrible disease, in all it’s stages.
                          Love and strength to you.
                          Lizzie x

Comment

So very sorry to hear your lovely partner has been taken so young. Take care xxx

Comment

Mole41
                              Forum Member
                              Mole41 so sorry you're going through this pain. Dont forget to get help & support for you. It must be so very hard when you spend so many years caring for loved one then it stops. I hope you can eventually find fun in things again xxx
                              Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

Working...
                              X