My Dougee passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dougee passed away

Two weeks ago today, Doug passed away. It was deeply shocking as we genuinely believed we had longer, but he had developed an upper respiratory infection which had cleared up with antibiotics but his breathing never recovered. He had been given a NIV and cough assist but his anxiety was stopping him from using it enough.
    I am so thankful that he didn’t have to keep fighting and also glad that we hadn’t got to the point that he would have needed carers coming in. I know he would have hated it. He was only 55 and so very loved and now missed.
    Sending my best wishes to all those who are fighting this disease and also their loved ones ❤️

So sorry for your loss Shelley Marie 😔
    Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Our deepest sympathies to you.
      Since the end is inevitable, our only consolation is that we get some say in how we go, and it sounds like Dougee reached a point that was right for him.
      I can only imagine the sorrow felt by the loved ones we leave behind.
      Hi, I'm Eddie.
      Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
      Still walking and talking, and wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

Oh shellymarie

I am so sorry. 55 is no age but I agree with you at least he went before carers were needed. im not looking forward to that at all. my husband is coughing and lately I know hes finding things difficult.

Sending my love
        Denise xxx
        when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Heartfelt condolences to you ShelleyMarie on the loss of your beloved Dougee.

Thank you for taking the time to pass on this sad news.

Wishing you strength and love.

Ellie xx
          ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
          Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

​

Comment

Very sorry for your big loss. I hope you get the support and love you deserve. Its so hard for you having been so busy administering care then dealing with the loss. Xxx
            Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

ShelleyMarie please accept my heart felt condolences....such a sad time for you & your family.
              Sending love🙏🕯💙
              Initial diagnosis 7-4-2021 'suspected MND' confirmed by 2nd opinion 4th June 2021 ALS. Began with R foot limp and lots of falls. NIV overnight. Generally weak. Mostly terrified.​​​​​​

Comment

So sorry for your loss of your beloved Dougee. Sending love.
                Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

So sorry for your loss, 55 is no age at all.

Hugs and strength

Donna

Carer for husband Thomas, diagnosed with MND of Fail Arm Type in July 2020.

Comment

ShelleyMarie Thanks for sharing with us such painful news. Sending love xx
                    Diagnosed July 2020, ALS bulbar onset. PEG and ventilator (mainly at night), and pretty poor speech, but legs still about functioning!

Comment

ShelleyMarie I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you have the support there from either friends and family. Thinking of you at this very sad time, xx

Comment

ShelleyMarie deepest sympathy to you. Hope you are being supported at this very sad time xx

Comment

So sorry for your loss. xxxxx

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, please take care xxxx

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X