My soul mate, my husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My soul mate, my husband

I lost my husband today, we have been married for 35 wonderful years, he was truly my soul mate and I am beyond broken. I have no words to describe the despair, even though it was expected doesn't make it any easier. Thank you all for being there through such difficult times xx
    Lost my lovely husband on 31.12.22, diagnosed with ALS on 15.12.21.
    Alison ♥

I am so so sorry to hear this. Words are meaningless at these times, nevertheless I send love, hugs and prayers.

Whilst I haven’t posted foe about nine months I have been looking. I am just saddened by how many friends have left us in this time.
    Richard

Comment

Words are useless in this situation. I hope you have plenty of support to help you through the coming weeks. Big huge hug xxx
      Diagnosed May 2021 bulbar onset als.

Comment

So sorry for your loss 😔

Sending you my condolences 💐
        Foxes Never Quit 💙

Comment

Sending you love and wishing you strength.
          Our condolences.
          Hi, I'm Eddie.
          Started with wobbly left ankle in Nov 2020. Diagnosed 22 Oct 2021, confirmed by 2nd opinion 4 days later.
          Full time powerchair user. Overnight NIV. PEG'ed but still eating. Voice banked but still talking.
          Still wondering what the future will bring.

Comment

I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for taking the time to post, my heart felt condolences to you and your family x
              Started limping 2017, diagnosed August 2021. Wheelchair user and reduced shoulder and hand function. Trying to be positive 😺.

Comment

I'm so so sorry Alison. There really are no words at this time. You did everything possible for your husband which enabled him to remain at home with his loved ones. I hope that gives you some comfort, sending love and strength to you and your family xx

Comment

So sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. Sending love xx
                  Diagnosed 3rd November 2021 Bulbar Onset

Comment

Doggymama

Sending condolences to you and your loved ones. No words will help and nothing will help to make you feel better. But be kind to yourself and look after yourself. The practical stuff will fill your time initially and I hope that you have support around you.

I am sure you are rather numb at the moment. I struggled with trying to remember him when he was well, but thankfully those memories soon came back.

I now try and console myself with thinking how lucky I was that we had a good and happy life together and that gives me comfort. I hope it helps you too.

Please feel free to message me if you need to chat. Sending hugs xxxxxx
                    Carer for husband diagnosed with ALS April 2021. Hand onset. PEG fed, completely immobile, communicated with eye gaze

Sense of humour intact throughout.

Sadly passed away peacefully 2/9/22

Comment

Oh Alison I am very sorry. There's no words to describe the loss. I know it doesn't matter how much it's expected it's such a blow. I'm still in a state of not believing it's true but then it comes flooding back.

Sending love and hugs xxx
                      when i can think of something profound i will update this.

Comment

Doggymama - so sad to hear your beloved husband has passed away today. You must feel so shocked and pained and I can't think what I can say to ease that.

But 35 years of happy marriage is amazing and from that I hope you draw some comfort, some cherished memories and some treasured experiences that will keep you feeling close to him forever.

Sending very much love to you Alison xx
                        Diagnosis confirmed as atypical ALS Jan 2022 (age 46) after several years misdiagnosed.

Symptoms began in left foot 2017. Now widespread. Powerchair user, useless left arm and clumsy right hand but generally positive!

Comment

So sorry for your loss x

Comment

Doggymama So very sorry, Alison - such a cruel, cruel illness which has ravaged our little community particularly hard this year.

There are no words...

Sending love - Barney will undoubtedly have a wet coat.

Love Ellie xx
                            ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                            Significant bulbar impairment - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV - Eye gaze user

Comment

I’m so sorry Alison. Sending love and light. ❤️‍🩹

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎