Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne K
    replied
    Glad that your shoulder is less pain Doug. I saw on another post of yours that you’ve got a new desktop pc with Winfows 10. That’s smashing. Enjoy. Sorry that I don’t know about washing toilet seats. I hope that you find a good one. Maybe your OT can help you out. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good morning

Thank you all

And feeling better this morning after the bruises from an incident at the weekend are fading - just untangling my neck and shoulders which I was holding in a strange way because of the bruising and my MND.

So it all looks like it's going through at the moment with a completion date in early May 2020.

This is of course with confirmation from the lift people that when we do need a lift it will actually fit - with about 10 cm to spare vertically.

Next thing I need is a good recommendation for some fairly cheap washing toilets - they seem hideously expensive :-(

Leave a comment:

• Sheila
    replied
    Sounds wonderful Andy, good luck on your move.
    Sheila

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Good luck Andy. It sounds great, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Wishing you a smooth passage to your new home Andy. Buying a new home is often a compromise, right street, wrong house and vice versus.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Woohoo Andy !

Everything crossed for hassle free completion.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hope all goes well Andy,

It's a big move but sounds quite good.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good afternoon

Please keep fingers toes arms and legs crossed for us if indeed you can.

We are moving towards exchange of contract in terms of selling our house with a very short chain I'm glad to say and have now confirmed an offer on a place in Southampton which has plenty of space for accommodating me in a wheelchair starting off with 80 cm wide doors as standard and plenty of height for a lift to get me from the proposed upstairs bedroom to the downstairs wet room.

It's on the wrong side of the common really since we wanted to be on the other side to be close to the hospital and the central station but the upside is its near a swimming pool and the University so when some loose some.

Leave a comment:

• Kayleigh
    replied
    Hello Andy,

Congratulations on the successful auction of your house. I hope everything went well with your trip to Southampton on Friday.

Very best wishes to you and your family,
    Kayleigh

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Good morning

Thank you all

I'm cheered up because the "Dutch auction" that our agent ran has resulted in rather more money for the place we live in at the moment that I was expecting.

I've made contact with the MND coordinator at Southampton Gen Hospital and she has come back on the bounce so that's great but I have had less success with the local MND branch - does anybody here know any of them or are any of you one of them? I could do with some local knowledge about contractors et cetera.

Leave a comment:

• shrew
    replied
    Good Luck with it all Andy

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Good luck about your prospective new home Andy. I hope that all goes to plan. Lynne

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Andy,

Great news and good luck with the move. I spent the 80’s living near Southampton and enjoyed many happy days on the Solent.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Sheila
    replied
    Hi Andy, that is good news. I hope everything works out well for you. Good luck for Friday.
    Best wishes Sheila.

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Oh Andy, that's great news (albeit you're forced to move because of the MND )

The very best of luck for Friday and I'll have everything crossed there won't be any glitches along the way.

Hope moving house works out as well for you as it did for me.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X