Barry’s challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting this study. The results of the trials were mixed but the conclusion was that exercise was not detrimental. Outside of the UK I’m never sure if the reference to pwals covers all the subtypes of MND.

Your cycling adventures sound amazing and I suspect you look back on happy times.

I completed my 500 miles and have raised £970 due to support from my generous sponsors.

Best wishes,
    Barry
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Well done Barry... Congratulations on raising such a huge amount in donations
      I decided to have a fundraising page on Facebook. I made money on selling clothes I could no longer wear and items I no longer needed. I asked people to donate instead of buying cards and gifts on my birthday and ended up raising just over £1300. I raised so much awareness in doing this and felt a massive amount of self achievement. I recommend anyone to do this.

Comment

Fantastic idea Jeanette and such a large amount of money raised, well done. You must be a designer label fan. When I think of how we collect clothes and shoes over the years and if you’re like me and never throw them out other than the occasional trip to the charity shop. I now find I am reduced to wearing jogging clothes and slip on shoes and I can barely walk let alone run.

Best wishes,
        Barry

Comment

Well done to both of you.
          Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Barry52, you appeared on my Facebook timeline yesterday in an MND Association post about the Mission 5000 challenge. Fame at last and once again, well done.
            Each day is made easier with a bit of humour.

Comment

Thanks Gary,

I sincerely hope that the Facebook posts submitted by MNDA and their supporters raise awareness of the disease as well as money for further research.

Barry

Comment

Working...
              X