• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Well done, Barry!

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi friends,

Although Mission 5000 doesn’t officially start until tomorrow, Sunday 13th September I started my challenge early and completed it yesterday. Covid cancelled my wheelchair abseil so I decided to cycle 500 miles on my exercise bike. There was no way I could complete 500 miles in the timeframe of the MNDA challenge, hence me getting off to a flyer. Cycling indoors is very boring but I have enjoyed watching videos on my iPad whilst clocking up the miles and found a benefit of reduced spasticity.

My target was to raise £500 and I am well passed this amount. I thank all my sponsors for their support

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Thank you Doug I had noticed on justgiving. I hope to attach a video after the event but only if I don’t mess up.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Doug Carpenter
    replied
    Well done Barry - very brave!

I've put a few pennies in your tin.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Way to go, Barry - just don't do a BoJo on it

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    started a topic Barry’s challenge

Barry’s challenge

Hi all,

Over the years I have organised or been involved with fundraising for MNDA. We rely on friends and family to sponsor us so this time I wanted to challenge myself and inspire my supporters to part with their money.

I have registered for an abseil at an adventure park near Leicester on 17th April. I will be hoisted up a tower and then abseil down. If all goes well I can have a second try. My family thinks I’m crazy but each time I discover things I can no longer do, I move onto something else.

You can follow me on https://trk.justgiving.com/f/a/Gr2dn...NvLnVrWAQAAAAD
Working...
X