Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks Ellie, I was just one of many who enjoyed the challenge and Covid permitting I intend to do my wheelchair abseil next year.

love
    Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Saw you got a well deserved mention in Thumbprint, Barry 😃

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Thanks Gary,

I sincerely hope that the Facebook posts submitted by MNDA and their supporters raise awareness of the disease as well as money for further research.

Barry

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Barry52, you appeared on my Facebook timeline yesterday in an MND Association post about the Mission 5000 challenge. Fame at last and once again, well done.

Leave a comment:

• GaryM
    replied
    Well done to both of you.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Fantastic idea Jeanette and such a large amount of money raised, well done. You must be a designer label fan. When I think of how we collect clothes and shoes over the years and if you’re like me and never throw them out other than the occasional trip to the charity shop. I now find I am reduced to wearing jogging clothes and slip on shoes and I can barely walk let alone run.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• Jeanette Pearce
    replied
    Well done Barry... Congratulations on raising such a huge amount in donations
    I decided to have a fundraising page on Facebook. I made money on selling clothes I could no longer wear and items I no longer needed. I asked people to donate instead of buying cards and gifts on my birthday and ended up raising just over £1300. I raised so much awareness in doing this and felt a massive amount of self achievement. I recommend anyone to do this.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting this study. The results of the trials were mixed but the conclusion was that exercise was not detrimental. Outside of the UK I’m never sure if the reference to pwals covers all the subtypes of MND.

Your cycling adventures sound amazing and I suspect you look back on happy times.

I completed my 500 miles and have raised £970 due to support from my generous sponsors.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Hi Barry,

Thank you for your message but I do not really want to buy another bike – I still have three including a Brompton having sold the bike I used to use for riding over mountains and our tandem – the latter going back to our post-wedding honeymoon when we rode from Vienna to Salzburg and back through the mountains with lots of resulting anecdotes.

On exercise I saw this somewhere and wonder perhaps if it needs wider promulgation?

Mind the wrapping of the URL

https://www.als.net/news/excercise-a...hny26K8eFjKQbc

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Andy,

I recently cancelled my gym membership and whilst I felt the exercises my trainer set me were helping my spasticity I don’t feel comfortable returning to the gym and it is a hassle booking appointments. I console myself with the fact that 2 years of gym membership saved will justify the cost of the bike. Ironically the money I have raised in sponsorship equates to the same amount. You may find it helps you get some exercise if you buy a bike but remember to build up gradually and stop when you feel tired.

Best wishes,
    Barry

Leave a comment:

• nunhead_man
    replied
    Amazing Barry – well done!

I've been wondering whether I ought to get an exercise bike - I've lost my interest in cycling after having been on the back of my parents tandem before I could walk and wonder if this would rekindle my interest

Leave a comment:

• Lynne K
    replied
    Wow, amazing Barry. Your a star, Lynne

Leave a comment:

• miranda
    replied
    What an achievement!! Thank you Barry

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    replied
    Well done and thank you Barry, 😊

Love Debbie x

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Fantastic, Barry - congrats on the amount raised and well done for staying upright on the bike 😁

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X