Shame about the chicken shack,
    maybe CC will buy it from you?
    You worked in a sugar factory,
    a sweetie through and through!
    News alert - also a Gigolo?
    how adventurous of you!
    Have a great holiday in Italy,
    "Buon appetito", enjoy the Tiramisu!
    Last edited by Kayleigh; 17 January 2019, 00:20.

Comment

• Barry52
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2012

Thanks for the poem Kayleigh. Your talent is boundless.

I don’t profess to being a wine expert but I have tried many “hic”.

Roll on summer. I traveled up north yesterday to take my mum for hospital tests and woke up this morning to snow. Not looking forward to going out with two of us using walkers in the snow but at least if we have an accident we will be close to A&E.

Barry x
      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

• Kayleigh
        Forum Member
        • Nov 2018

Hi Barry,

I hope you and your mum have been ok going out in the snow. I hadn't realised that there is snow in the North. I have been a bit too distracted by all the drama of Brexit on TV - will it be Brexit Deal or No Deal? - it's not easy to fathom out what's going on!

Talking of snow and ice, when I was able to walk outside, I used grips on my trainers or boots in the snow/ice and they worked very well. There are different brands and styles available - mine were like these:-

http://https://www.blacks.co.uk/footwear/106397-yak-trax-walker-snow-grips.html/518535/?istCompanyId=d92b362f-ac8a-4a8a-87ca-c56eafad7955&istItemId=raxlamltx&istBid=tzxm&gclid =EAIaIQobChMI1KPFuPv03wIVybTtCh0dkwEEEAQYByABEgJV4 PD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I hope your mum's hospital appointment went well.

Stay safe, and as we always say on this forum - don't fall!

Best wishes to you and your mum,
        Kayleigh x

Comment

• Barry52
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2012

Thanks Kayleigh.

We got there and back safely but for us an inch of snow can seem like an avalanche. I used to wear snow grips on my shoes before MND but I now think twice about venturing out.

Take care.
          Barry

Comment

• Kayleigh
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2018

Hi Barry,

Good to hear that you and your mum got home safely. I expect you were glad to get out of the cold and snow.

So true about not wanting to venture out in bad weather, but sometimes unavoidable for hospital appointments etc. A shame that there aren't snow/ice grips for rollator wheels.

I hope you and your mum have a lovely relaxing evening.

Kayleigh x

Comment

• Barry52
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2012

I spoke about defying the snow to get Mum to hospital only to trip up in her house. Fortunately she has carpet everywhere so my head dive was softened. I now look like the devil with his horns removed because I have 2 bright red carpet grazes on my forehead. Not a good look for a weekend away in a Warner’s hotel.

Best wishes to all.
              Barry

Comment

• Kayleigh
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2018

Oh dear Barry, I would kiss your forehead better if I could - because it's probably my fault for including the words 'don't fall' in a recent post to you!

It's lovely that you've got a weekend away in a hotel to look forward to. I have never been to a Warner hotel, but from the adverts on TV, they look like great places for rest, relaxation and plenty of pampering.

I hope you are feeling ok.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
                Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 18 January 2019, 18:10.

Comment

• Fru
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2016

Hi Barry
                  Really sorry to hear you have had a fall. It just happens, I know. Do you think you will be joining the black eyes club like us?! One thing really good to hear is that you will be away for a Warners break. That should take your mind off it because there will be lots to do. Let us know what the entertainments like, I believe it's really good.
                  Have a great weekend
                  Fru x

Comment

• Deb
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2018

So sorry you've had a fall Barry, Its rubbish and so frustrating.

Hope you're not too sore and that it doesn't spoil your weekend away. Maybe the horns will add to your devilishly good looks.

Love Debbie x

Comment

• Lynne K
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2017

Sorry about your fall Barry. Maybe the same time that I had a fall at home (my knee twisted as I got up from the settee and I crumpled). I hope that you have a nice time this weekend at the Warner Hotel. Lynne
                      ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                        Forum Member
                        • Nov 2018

That sounds painful Lynne. I have got weak muscles around my knees and so I have to be very careful to get up from a chair or bed slowly, as they can sometimes 'give way' like yours did. I always use my rollator or walking frame for support whilst standing up.

Grab rails for the bed are also useful for giving support whilst getting in and out of bed - maybe something that OTs or similar should provide - but as with many things, in reality it might be a bit of a postcode lottery about whether they are provided free of charge, and how long it takes to get them.

I hope you are OK now and that you have an enjoyable weekend.

Kayleigh x

Comment

• Lynne K
                          Forum Member
                          • Nov 2017

Thanks Kayleigh. I have a bed guard given by local services. I pull on that to help me get out of bed but it's still hard. Lynne x
                          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my balance.

Comment

• Kayleigh
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2018

Hi Lynne,

It's good that you have already been provided with a bed guard.

We could both do with one of those fancy adjustable beds, like this:-

Or failing that, a 'mattress genie' (I never knew these existed before today!):-
                            Buy the Mattress Genie Adjustable Mattress Tilter from £131.94 at Health and Care with free UK delivery. Alternative to an electric adjustable bed.

Plus, we definitely need choose one of these each (every lady of the house should have at least one to assist her! LOL):-

Best wishes,
                            Kayleigh x
                            Last edited by Kayleigh; 18 January 2019, 23:07.

Comment

• shrew
                              Forum Member
                              • Jul 2018

sorry about your fall Barry. Hope you are feeling better soon and enjoy your break!

Comment

• Lynne K
                                Forum Member
                                • Nov 2017

Hi Kayleigh. We exchanged our thin Ikea sprung mattress for their supa dupa 2 layer pocket sprung best one. It sits on slats and is very deep so won't bend for a gadget underneath it. My OT is trying to get me a simple foam bed wedge that goes under pillows. Lynne

Comment

Working...
                                X