• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by Dis1960 View Post
    Dina hope you got the warm milk you asked for yesterday
    Thanks, Douglas. Yes, the Breakfast Fairy has been visiting regularly!

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    Dina hope you got the warm milk you asked for yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
    Hi Dina,

Yes it’s the same here and it is ridiculous. People with MND are likely to visit hospital frequently so why put them through all that hassle again.

Vent over.

Love Barry
    Tell me about it, Barry. I had my two procedures four weeks ago and am likely to have to wait at least another three weeks, if not longer!

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Hi Dina,

Yes it’s the same here and it is ridiculous. People with MND are likely to visit hospital frequently so why put them through all that hassle again.

Vent over.

Love Barry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Barry,

In this area (I don't know if it applies everywhere) if you're in hospital for more than 72 hours, your existing care package is ended and you have to be reassessed by social services.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    Having been given the all clear following my spinal injury I went to seek out Steve who is in the high dependence unit at the same hospital. He was sitting in his wheelchair with his wife Sue and as usual he had a big smile on his face. He is happier now he can breathe unaided but I was not surprised to hear that he is bored. The highlight of his day is going to the main restaurant which is used by the staff. As usual the issue is having the care package set up at home and although this was in place before Steve’s admission it appears they have to start the process yet again. Why can’t the “officials” make this seamless?

Barry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Originally posted by Dis1960 View Post
    Hope you enjoyed your eggsalad
    Ha ha ha ha ha! Well, I certainly enjoyed complaining to the chap from Sodexo.

Leave a comment:

• Dis1960
    replied
    Hope you enjoyed your eggsalad

Leave a comment:

• Sueb
    replied
    Hi Barry

he is in D56 it’s in south block

Sue

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Hi Terry,

Usually Wheelchair Services do come to the house. They did tell me why they needed me to attend the clinic but I can’t remember the reason as so much has happened since then.

Leave a comment:

• Barry52
    replied
    [QUOTE=Sueb;92715]Steve is in hospital again.

They have tried to move him to another ward while we wait but his needs are too high and no one will take him. The physio and his MND team are opposing the move too. I can understand they would like him to move as he is taking up an expensive bed.

Hi Sue,

I am sorry to hear that Steve has been taken back to hospital but happy to hear that he has rallied round. I’m pleased to hear that the MND team are supporting him so my guess is he is at QMC. I am going there tomorrow for an appointment with the fracture team where I hope they will give me the all clear following my fall so I will try to find Steve and have a catch up.

Best wishes,
    Barry x

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Dina,

Shame that you didn't manage to see ironwill, it would have been so nice. Hope chrissie pops in and sees you.

Good to hear that you are still touring.

Wheelchair services do go to people's homes, so I don't see any reason that they can't see you at the hospital. Email Mnda Connect and see if they can help and arrange it.

I will send you a tape measure if that's the only problem.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Terry
    replied
    Hi Sue,

Hope Steve is more comfortable now. It's not hard to see why there are not so many beds in hospitals, a lot of it is because there is not so much care in the community.

Good to hear that you are getting him out and about.

Love Terry

Leave a comment:

• Gillette
    replied
    Thank you, Sue. Yes it is frustrating waiting for the wheels to grind. Every week the timescale for me getting home seems to extend by a week. Hmph. I'm sorry that Steve has been so unwell and been hospitalised but good to know he has recovered so well.

You should have invaded the ward, Ironwill. We could have had a welcome party! There are at least four MND patients in here at the moment.

While I was touring the ward this evening I accosted a lady, whom I had noticed had been at Douglas's (Dis1960's) bedside. I just asked "Are you Chrissie?" and her reply was "Dina!". It was lovely to meet her. I've invited her to my bedside any time she wants to grumble or even if she doesn't want to grumble!

Leave a comment:

• Ellie
    replied
    Sorry to hear that Steve is back in hospital, Sue.

Hope his care package is quickly sorted and he's back home with you soon.

Love Ellie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X