No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's cheesy Quavers for me, this evening (apparently Quavers are musicians' most favourite snacks LOL)

Love
    Kayleigh x

P.S ...
    - I ordered some pelican flavoured crisps when I was at at gastro-pub recently.
    They tasted delicious but the bill was enormous! LOL

- Some sandwiches walked into a bar and asked for 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps.
    The barman said sorry, we don't serve food here! LOL

- What flavour crisps do frogs prefer?
    Croaky bacon LOL

Comment

I like salt and vinegar flavour, but don't eat many now, because of the bits getting stuck in throat. Also I notice digestive biscuits make me cough and splitter.

Thanks for the jokes Kayleigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
        MR BARRY !!! Are they in front of you right now ??? It's before your dinner

You're all teasing me now... I am in respite with nobody to feed me crisps

Love Ellie.
        Just finished the Pringles (other brands are available) tonight after dinner Ellie. They lasted 3 nights.

Love,
        Barry
        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Loving the crisp jokes, Kayleigh!

Barry, how can a tube of pringle's last 3 nights ? In our house it would be minutes and I would be lucky to get a look in. I used to hide them when the children were younger.. the washing machine was probably not the best idea.

Ellie, hope respite is treating you well and that someone helps with crisps !! A salt and vinegar fest is needed for when you are home, hopefully with Strictly.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Your post made me chuckle Debbie, because it reminded me of the time I washed my husband's favourite designer sweater. He'd got some stains on it at a boozey lunch with his pals at the local Golf Club. (Supposedly, they'd all become members to play golf there?! LOL)

After soaking the sweater in some stain remover, I popped it into the washing machine.

Unfortunately, it shrunk to the size of a Pringles crisp! (Perhaps I forgot to wash it on the wool cycle - and using salt & vinegar to remove the stains might not have helped either?! LOL)

... and to add insalt to injury, when my husband took the sweater out of the washing machine, he banged his head on the door ...Bosch!!!

Love to everyone,
            Kayleigh x

Comment

With you on that one Debbie - Pringles would barely last 3 minutes in our house, let alone 3 days.

Barry is obviously a man of great restraint and he said he likes soggy crisps, so any that have been through a wash he'll have

Love Ellie.
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I will decline the washed variety as I hate the taste of soap. Speaking of things that last a long time I was sorting out my store cupboard yesterday since I don’t do much fancy cooking now and I discovered herbs, spices, nuts and flour that had best before 2011. My waste bin smells of aromatic spices now. Next job is my wardrobe.

I wonder how long it will take Kayleigh to conjure up a tale of wit to my hoarding tendencies.

Love,
                Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post

I wonder how long it will take Kayleigh to conjure up a tale of wit to my hoarding tendencies.

Love,
                  Barry
                  It might take me a few minutes Barry!

Because, first I need to unclutter my mind (by filing my thoughts, ousting all the out-of-date emojis, slinging any stale hugs & kisses on the compost heap, and upcycling any leftover LOLs!).

Love
                  Kayleigh
                  Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 November 2019, 16:55.

Comment

Hello Barry,

Yes, it took me a bit longer than a few minutes LOL - but I have managed to rustle-up a 'Rhyme' just for you (using my newly uncluttered mind LOL)....

Sweetie Barry - you'll be
                    as busy as worker bees
                    (sorting through your
                    collection of 'antiquities').

Unwanted items could
                    sell on e-bay or Gumtree
                    (or gifted to family &
                    friends or local charities).

Car-boot sales might be
                    one of other possibilities
                    (giving people a chance
                    to buy your offerings).

Including, vintage clobber
                    from the 1960's and '70s
                    (such as flares & boots
                    with platform heels).

Selling unscratched LPs
                    & CDs could be a breeze?
                    (eg by Elvis Costello, B52s
                    or The Squeeze).

Video cassettes don't sell
                    as well as modern DVDs
                    (but classics like Jaws
                    - or Baywatch?? LOL -
                    never fail to please!).

When sorting out your
                    candy-cart of sweeties
                    (with the help of Sugar
                    Daddy's honey bees).

Keep any unwanted
                    'Old Jamaican' bars
                    (To send onto me,
                    sweet & pretty please!).

Sending love and hugs
                    to you & your family
                    (From one of your forum
                    friends, Crackerkaleigh x).

But .....

Keep the '70s fondue, my
                    puns offer free cheese!
                    (and re-purpose ancient
                    'Old Spice' as 'Febreeze'!) LOL

Love
                    Kayleigh
                    Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 November 2019, 20:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
                      I will decline the washed variety as I hate the taste of soap. Speaking of things that last a long time I was sorting out my store cupboard yesterday since I don’t do much fancy cooking now and I discovered herbs, spices, nuts and flour that had best before 2011. My waste bin smells of aromatic spices now. Next job is my wardrobe.

Love,
                      Barry
                      I’m confused, Barry.

Why do you want to make your wardrobe smell of out-of-date spices?
                      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Hi Dina,

Your post to Barry has got me mulling over a question (while I'm sipping my hot toddy of spiced rum):-

I wonder what makes the best bin/wardrobe freshener?:-

- Out-of-date mixed spice?
                        or
                        -Out-of-date 'Old Spice' (the men's cologne)?

Or it might be a good thing to double the potency, by combining them together to make:-

- Out-of-date Allspice.

Perhaps we should season the moment and ask the Spice Girls? - with their music being so old, they should be an expert on what to do with surplus supplies that are spicy but very out-of-date! LOL

(Although, some might say that their music was too bland to be called spicy anyway!) LOL

Love,
                        Kayleigh
                        Last edited by Kayleigh; 8 November 2019, 23:34.

Comment

Dina I don’t want to spice up my wardrobe but I do want a clear out. My 70’s gear was dispatched to the bin many years ago but I still hang on to my work clothes even though I retired 7 years ago.

I knew I could rely on Kayleigh but I’m not about to part with my music. Music was my first love and music will be my last. https://youtu.be/egwARrX1ik8

A proper song with proper musicians.

Love,
                          Barry

Comment

Hi Barry,

Are you also intending to keep all your Baywatch DVDs (or perhaps Doug has still got them on loan from you??) LOL

Love
                            Kayleigh

P.S I'm making do, with the rum in my hot toddies - beecause if those honey bees of yours buzz their way to any 'Old Jamaican' rum chocolate in you candy-cart, I beelieve they will quickly buzz-off and hive them away.

(I don't have much rum in my hot toddies - because I don't want to get spiced out! - Cheers!)
                            Last edited by Kayleigh; 9 November 2019, 00:06.

Comment

Oh, I thought you’d want to spice up your life, Kayleigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37Uu7w7qrE
                              Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Now I know Kayleigh’s sleep solution, steady with the rum.

My father wore old spice and I remember the ads with Henry Cooper. Fortunately there are better after shaves available today.

I must confess to never seeing an episode of bay watch, something to do with lifeguards!!!

Spice Girls-no comment.

Love,
                                Barry

Comment

Working...
                                X