• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
    Oh, I thought you’d want to spice up your life, Kayleigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F37Uu7w7qrE
    Hi Dina

I enjoy the blend of spice in my hot toddies and even mulled wine - but in my opinion the variety of Spice that those Girls produce should be candy-caned (and not in a Christmassy way LOL)!!...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJVnxJGNs

Sweet wishes,
    Candy-Kitty x

Comment

Yes, you must have crisps!!

any advice guys, can't turnover in bed any more as legs don't move so sleeping a lot on my back. This is making my hips very painful, tried pillows various places without success. Saw GP yesterday who have me morphine based painkiller which made sleep bit better but makes me feel sick. What are your experiences?

Judy xf

Comment

Originally posted by Jude11 View Post
        Yes, you must have crisps!!

any advice guys, can't turnover in bed any more as legs don't move so sleeping a lot on my back. This is making my hips very painful, tried pillows various places without success. Saw GP yesterday who have me morphine based painkiller which made sleep bit better but makes me feel sick. What are your experiences?

Judy xf
        Hi Judy,

I feared answers to your query may get lost in this thread, so I answered you on this thread of yours - please forgive me taking liberties !!!

Click here

Love Ellie.
        Last edited by Ellie; 9 November 2019, 12:24.
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Today’s good thing is that I am due to go out with family to a celebration being held at the end of the Celebrating Syria Festival. Lots of good friends will be there. I’m really looking forward to it.
          Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

I hope you and your family & friends have a wonderful time Dina.

Keep warm and have fun!

Love
            Kayleigh x

Comment

Wrap up well Dina, it's a chilly one out there - enjoy!!
              ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
              Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

I hope that you're having a great time Dina, Lynne
                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Judy, I'm glad that you have got pain relief from your GP. I hope that the sickly feeling passes when your system gets used to it. Failing that your GP might be able to precribe an anti-sickness medication.

I too have to sleep on my back but for different reasons, pain related. Despite taking Tramadol with Paracetamol before bed and four hours later I get up an hour or so after the second lot because pain by then is unbearable. I was awake from 4am this morning, got up 5am. Luckily I managed a couple of hours on my rise and recline chair before my husband got up. I may eventually ask for something stronger than Tramadol. Lynne
                  ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.

Comment

Thanks Lynne
                    I will try antisickess if persists.

Sorry to hear you had a rough night too, it does make you feel rubbish with only a little sleep.

Wishing you a better night tonight.

Judy xx

Comment

My good news well, I think it’s hilarious but I think it’s my EL as it is still causing havoc, I’m finding new things I CAN’T do everyday but the best one yet is Eye Spy ) I get so overwhelmed when I think I have the answer, I’m hysterically laughing to the point I can’t breathe or use what little use of my arms I have yet and I’m crying with laughter, I realised this after being stuck in a traffic jam in a car park for an hour and 40 minutes, it had everyone entertained at least )

Comment

Thanks Judy. Same for you, sleep well and take care, Lynne xx

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
                          I was sorting out my store cupboard yesterday since I don’t do much fancy cooking now and I discovered herbs, spices, nuts and flour that had best before 2011. My waste bin smells of aromatic spices now.

Love,
                          Barry
                          I guess you might not have any out-of-date salt or pepper Barry. But what about your jars of 'Five Spice'? LOL ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OnQTDO8lL8I

Love
                          Kayleigh

Comment

Originally posted by Hayls View Post
                            My good news well, I think it’s hilarious but I think it’s my EL as it is still causing havoc, I’m finding new things I CAN’T do everyday but the best one yet is Eye Spy ) I get so overwhelmed when I think I have the answer, I’m hysterically laughing to the point I can’t breathe or use what little use of my arms I have yet and I’m crying with laughter, I realised this after being stuck in a traffic jam in a car park for an hour and 40 minutes, it had everyone entertained at least )
                            I think it’s brilliant that you have found a positive in your EL, Hayls. Well done.
                            Dina

Comment

I had a fabulous time yesterday: the entertainment was good, the food and drink delicious, and wonderful company. I saw so many lovely friends and the whole thing has given me a tremendous boost. The icing on the cake was that the Festival organisers won a local culture award last night.
                              Dina

Comment

Today I am cheered up. The sun is shining and Kayleigh has made me laugh with her post of Michael McIntyre. I am also happy to hear that Dina had a wonderful day yesterday. You can’t get better than spending time with friends at a social event.

Love,
                                Barry
                                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Working...
                                X