No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that you've had a good time Dina.
    Last edited by Lynne K; 10 November 2019, 12:48.
    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

So glad you had a lovely time Dina.. It sounds great !

My good thing for today is that I have been to my son's house for brunch and managed to get in with the new ramps. Yippee ! Even better they insisted on cooking Christmas lunch !

Love Debbie x

Comment

Debbie, that's a definite Win-Win for you (and the ramp )
        ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
        Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

So glad you got a boost from your day out yesterday Dina - richly deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayls View Post
            My good news well, I think it’s hilarious but I think it’s my EL as it is still causing havoc, I’m finding new things I CAN’T do everyday but the best one yet is Eye Spy ) I get so overwhelmed when I think I have the answer, I’m hysterically laughing to the point I can’t breathe or use what little use of my arms I have yet and I’m crying with laughter, I realised this after being stuck in a traffic jam in a car park for an hour and 40 minutes, it had everyone entertained at least )
            Hello Hayls

It was lovely to hear from you yesterday. Your post made me chuckle and it brought back happy memories of playing I Spy during car journeys with my family when I was a child. And sometimes we played it outside the car, when the car had broken down and we were waiting for the AA! (it might just be my imagination but I don't think cars were so reliable in the 1970's?? LOL).

I have played I Spy more recently though.

Last Summer, I was having lunch with a friend outside the cafe at our local park, when she said:-

"I Spy with my little eye something beginning with c i "
            "c i what?" I asked, and she replied
            "c i ate the last doughnut!!" LOL

Then it was my turn ...

"OK, I Spy with my little eye something beginning with i c "
            "i c what?"
            "i c a b buzzing around the sugar on your knee - and, watch out, because i c a q as well!!"
            "I think I know? - is it the q for the ladies' loo?" LOL
            "No, because I Spy that there is only one lady waiting - and that doesn't constitute a q! But I do Spy a very long q of ants, that goes down all the way down to Australia, and it starts at your very sugar-laden can of 7UP!" LOL

I hope you and your husband are having a lovely day.

Love,
            Kayleigh x
            Last edited by Kayleigh; 10 November 2019, 17:49.

Comment

That is great Kayleigh really made me chuckle.

We had a lovely roast at our sons and the ramp worked well, roast beef and apple crumble, delicious!

Judy xxx

Comment

Hello Judy,

I'm glad you had a wonderful day with your family and I hope your husband enjoys the rest of his Birthday.

Love and best wishes to you both,
                Kayleigh x
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 10 November 2019, 20:33.

Comment

My Good Thing today is that I had a sublime massage this afternoon

Feelin chilled, warm and can smell the essential oil still on me.

Hope everyone is managing to keep warm and safe.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Good for you Ellie. I don't like oils on my skin but an actual massage sounds great. We've had our heating on for weeks and I have a couple of fleece blankets near to me that I use often for my easily cold legs. Lynne x
                    ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                    I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Hi Ellie

It sounds wonderful. I could do with one myself.

Lynne, I've been really cold since I came home from hospital. Our heating is on high all day long.
                      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Oo the massage sounds gorgeous, Ellie.

Enjoy the relaxed feeling and the lovely smell of essential oils.

Stay warm everyone, its freezing! My good thing today is a new fleecy zip up thingy to wear on my riser recliner. Not very glamorous but so comfortable and warm.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
                          Hi Ellie

It sounds wonderful. I could do with one myself.

Lynne, I've been really cold since I came home from hospital. Our heating is on high all day long.
                          Hi Dina,

Could it be that hospitals always seem to have their heating on at 40 degrees centigrade or was it the firemen you saw outside the hospital that raised your core temperature?? LOL

Talking of those firemen, I have tracked one down and as soon as he has finished 'warming up' Ellen's friends, he will be round to yours' to give you one of his very warming 'hot stone' massage therapies (apparently they never fail to 'light your fire' or 'melt your butter' or 'warm the cockles' - and, apparently, they are going like hot cakes!) LOL.....

My opinion might be a 'hot potato' or even hotly contested.... but I would say this is 'One for the ladies!' (But I promise these hot flashes shouldn't be too hot for anyone to handle).!!! .... LOL

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ydt2GqFThzs

Love,
                          Kayleigh
                          Last edited by Kayleigh; 13 November 2019, 18:40.

Comment

Hi Ellie
                            Your massage sounds amazing, makes me want one!!
                            Judy x

Comment

Hi Kayleigh,

Your post of the American chat show host Ellen with the fireman reminded me of a more serious interview she gave. You can feel the emotion she and the interviewees were experiencing. I wish we had more media led campaigns in the UK to raise awareness and hopefully funding.

https://youtu.be/KDvuRR-UiGY

Love,
                              Barry
                              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Thank you for sharing that interview with us Barry. A very brave firefighter indeed and to receive his diagnosis at such a young age makes it even more heartbreaking.

It's wonderful that Eric Stevens and his wife were brave enough to go on TV to raise awareness of MND and the Axe ALS Campaign. It was also great to hear that Ellen was able to arrange some financial support for them as well.

Love
                                Kayleigh x

Comment

Working...
                                X