No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a very moving Interview Barry, it had me in tears.

That is exactly why we love our firemen, they are always the good guys. I sincerely hope for that young man's sake they do walk with him every step of the way as they have pledged to him they would.

Ellen has taken up the cause to put the spotlight on ALS I've seen her do it before with another young man, Well done to her for showing her compassion, and understanding,

CCxox
    Last edited by ccinjersey; 14 November 2019, 15:50.

Comment

Thank you for posting the link, Barry. It just goes to show that MND can hit anyone, regardless of age or state of health.

By the way, today's good thing has yet to find its way out from among the dross. Does anyone else have anything good to share?
      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

I could not watch it all, makes me more anxious.
        Good thing last night, my son and husband wheeled me around asda, bought a few things. Nice to get out for a hour.
        Sheila x

Comment

Originally posted by Sheila View Post
          I could not watch it all, makes me more anxious.
          Good thing last night, my son and husband wheeled me around asda, bought a few things. Nice to get out for a hour.
          Sheila x
          We were due to go shopping today but it didn't happen.
          Dina

Comment

Hi Everyone, sorry about your shopping Dina,

I have two good things today. A new Roho cushion for my powerchair was brought by wheelchair services this morning. Instant relief for my aching back/ bottom .. bliss !

The second good thing is more naughty. We were going to go shopping at M and S but it was too busy so we decided all Christmas shopping should be done online. Instead we went to the pub and I had a red wine and a bowl of chips. Really healthy I know !

Hope other people have some good things today,
            Love Debbie x

Comment

I was due to do a supermarket sweep in Aldi's today but when I got there, Kevin the Carrot sent me off my trolley and then swept me completely off my feet - before I returned home to do an online trolley-dash instead. LOL

Kevin blamed a wonky wheel on the trolley, for his less than 24-carrot performance today - which was very much like one of his bloopers!! ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2ts5jCPS418

Love to everyone,
              Kayleigh x

P.S...

- Why are carrots good for your sight?
              Because they contain lots of vitamin see. LOL

- How can I be so sure that eating carrots is good for our sight?
              Well, have you ever seen a rabbit wearing spectacles? LOL
              Last edited by Kayleigh; 14 November 2019, 18:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                Instead we went to the pub and I had a red wine and a bowl of chips. Really healthy I know !
                Thanks, Debbie.

Don’t worry about the red wine - it’s supposed to be good for warding off heart attacks - and you need the chips as you have to maintain your body weight. So, actually, it was very healthy.

I hope the Roho cushion works well for you. My brother-in-law used to think they were the bee’s knees.
                Dina

Comment

Great news re new cushion Debbie - hopefully your bottom and coccyx will love the relief!!

Red wine & chips sounds indulgent

Glad you'd a good day.

Love Ellie.
                  ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                  Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
                    Thank you for posting the link, Barry. It just goes to show that MND can hit anyone, regardless of age or state of health.

By the way, today's good thing has yet to find its way out from among the dross. Does anyone else have anything good to share?
                    Hi Dina,

My good news today is that I battled through the flooded roads to make our MNDA Nottingham meeting this afternoon. It was well worth it to meet friends and we had a good turnout despite the weather. The committee had organised a singer and guitarist who used to play with the Merseybeats. We also had the presence of the chairman of the Nottingham council who has chosen us as his charity during his year of office. 5 months in he has raised £7k with more to come before April.
                    It took me twice as long to get home as many roads on my normal route were flooded so I had to take a long diversion but I don’t regret the effort to attend.
                    Thank you to the Nottingham Branch for bringing so much joy to our members.

Barry
                    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry

I hope you didn’t put yourself in danger getting to and from the meeting. And it’s good news indeed about being chosen as the charity of the year by the council leader.
                      Dina

Comment

Originally posted by ccinjersey View Post
                        That was a very moving Interview Barry, it had me in tears.

That is exactly why we love our firemen, they are always the good guys. I sincerely hope for that young man's sake they do walk with him every step of the way as they have pledged to him they would.

Ellen has taken up the cause to put the spotlight on ALS I've seen her do it before with another young man, Well done to her for showing her compassion, and understanding,

CCxox
                        Yes CC it brought me to tears also but these emotional interviews tend to have an impact.

I have huge respect and admiration for firefighters and what they did after 9/11 was bravery beyond belief. Even now they are engaged in dangerous situations fighting fires in California and parts of Australia.

Barry x
                        Last edited by Barry52; 15 November 2019, 10:17.
                        I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry

That's very true it puts a human face to the illness.

Ellen has a platform and I hope she continues to use it to bring more awareness to people about this disease

We have these digital billboard signs here, and I have been seeing more advertising awareness on them to help fight ALS. This has just been fairly recent, I have also seen donations being asked for in our supermarkets which was also something I hadn't seen before. It seems a stronger campaign is now being made here to spotlight the illness.

Yes I so agree about Firemen, the really are the bravest, and they always so humble about it too they never seem to be seeking the glory. They are often out on the weekends over here on the main intersections of our roads. They hold their firemen boots in their hands collecting money for Saint Jude's Children's Hospital. Drivers roll down their windows on the red lights and the Firemen come over, and we put money into their boots. They really are the 'Good Guys' simply the best

CC xox

Comment

Yes, kudos to you Barry for braving the roads.

Also, well done to the Chairman of Nottingham Council for choosing to support the MNDA as the charity for the year - 7k is a lot of money!

Hope you're staying upright these days

Love Ellie.

Comment

Our good news.Hubby out of hospital after major surgery. Eldest son became our carer last week and today the youngest has taken over. And we had our first online food shopping delivered!!!

Comment

Oh Miranda, that must have been very stressful for you all. Glad to hear hubby is safely home in his own bed, hope his recovery goes well.

Kudos to your boys.

The first of many grocery deliveries, I'd say It's sooo handy!! (and you tend to buy only what is needed, rather than be lured into buying unnecessary 'special offers' !)

Love Ellie.

Comment

Working...
                                X