No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is really good news Miranda , thank you for sharing.

Hope your husband is recovering and is enjoying home comforts. Your boys sound lovely so well done to them for stepping up. It must have been hard for you all ,

Love Debbie x

Comment

Today’s good thing was seeing a new friend who has just been accepted onto an IVF programme and was literally glowing with happiness.
      Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Hi Dina,

That's great news about your friend and I hope everything goes very well for her.

You are a a very kind and caring lady and she is lucky to have you as a new friend.

I hope everything has been going smoothly with your new care plan and carers.

Love
        Kayleigh x

Comment

Hi Dina

Is that a fertility program? If so, wishing your friend the very best of luck with it

CCxox

Comment

Originally posted by ccinjersey View Post
            Hi Dina

Is that a fertility program? If so, wishing your friend the very best of luck with it

CCxox
            Hi CC

Yes, it is. It’s the acronym used in the UK, and stands for In Vitro Fertilisation.
            Dina

Comment

Hi Dina,

This is great news for your friend and I hope you hear it is successful. Our friend had a baby daughter 2 weeks ago following this treatment and both parents are overjoyed.

My good news is that we welcomed a new couple into our support group yesterday. The lady was diagnosed a few months ago and they had been apprehensive about attending but following the meeting they were so relaxed and they vowed to come again.

Love,
              Barry
              I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Hi Barry,

That’s great news.

Whenever I meet patients with MND I mention the forum and the local groups. Although I haven’t been to my local group I believe they are an excellent resource for people affected by MND.
                Dina

Comment

Hi Dina

It means the same here, but wasn't sure if it stood for the same meaning in your country. Wishing your friend a very successful result

CC xox

Comment

Hi Dina,

Wishing your friend the best of luck in her IVF.

My cousin gave birth to twin boys in Setember after her third round of IVF - an emotional rollercoaster to say the least ....

My Good News is that I Am Home, yippee !!! Had hydrotherapy this morning, quick dry & dress, then home to a lovely lunch and now have the dog snoring beside me - Happy Ellie
                    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
                    Eye gaze user - No functional limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Welcome home, Ellie. Hydrotherapy, nice lunch and the dog - sounds perfect.
                      Dina

Comment

Welcome home Ellie, sounds like you had a good day.
                        Dina great news about your friend. Good things to celebrate today.
                        Sheila

Comment

Welcome home, wonderful Ellie! It's lovely to have a change of scenery sometimes, but there's no place like home ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HTi1c_tLnqw

Apologies for my welcome being a bit belated. Yesterday (Wednesday), my WiFi went a bit wibbly-wobbly and whenever I went to post anything it went a bit Pete Tong and as wacky as Willy Wonka (and even crazier than CrackerKayleigh!).

But you, darling Ellie, are ....

The fountain of all knowledge
                          in this fabulous forum family,
                          Much cleverer than any Egghead
                          or Mastermind on the TV!

Always sharing your wisdom
                          so kindly and with generosity.
                          Your extemely caring heart-of-gold
                          brightens up our lives, daily!

You are truly an inspirational,
                          wise and wonderful lady.
                          And much more of a Wonder Woman
                          than the one on the telly! ..

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jQdnWeCTE

... and from the bottom of my heart ....

I wish to thank you, most sincerely,
                          for the wealth of support and advice
                          you kindly, thoughtfully and regularly
                          offer to me and others in this forum family!

Love and hugs,
                          Kayleigh
                          Last edited by Kayleigh; 21 November 2019, 16:44.

Comment

For weeks now I’ve been facing the likelihood of having to give up driving because of increasing weakness in my left leg.

Today I took delivery of an automatic car!

So it looks like I’ll be mobile for a few more months. That is assuming I can manage to understand all the software, which seems to be more complex than my phone and laptop! Apparently, if I have an accident, the manufacturer’s surveillance system rings me to ask if I’m OK. If I don’t answer, it calls the emergency services.

Big brother is well and truly watching us!

Doug

Comment

Welcome home Ellie! Theres no place like it and it sounds like you've had a great day .

Lovely words Kayleigh, I echo the sentiment wholeheartedly.

I love this thread.. it's good news about your friends Dina, fingers crossed they are successful. I'm glad you've found a way to keep driving Doug.

Love Debbie x

Comment

Sounds good Doug. Enjoy your freedom in your new starship (car) for however long you can drive. Lynne
                                ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                                I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Working...
                                X