No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rhyming tribute to you was very well deserved Ellie! The challenges we face are far greater than any on University Challenge and the University of Life is challenging us to a degree that is extremely difficult for us to master sometimes. I am extremely grateful to you and others in this forum family who offer me kind and caring words of support and advice.

When I was diagnosed I felt bitter and I feared that the rest of my life would be pointless - however the many positive points of view I have read here have encouraged me to try and make lemonade from lemons and to make the most of every day. Although some days can very bitter-sweet and it's not easy to have a positive attitude, I do experience many happy and sweet moments that I didn't think would be possible with this diagnosis.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me to turn negative thoughts into positive ones, with their words of encouragement and their wealth of advice about the best ways we can deal with the challenges we face, so that our quality of life can be as good as possible xxxx

Also, many thanks to Dina for starting this Good News thread.

Whenever If I feel fed up, I know that there are many positive vibes here and they have all been contributed by friendly people who genuinely do care about each other.

Despite all the tough challenges we face, the thoughts and experiences shared on this thread prove that we can still have happy times and make happy memories that are to be celebrated and cherished.

This is also a place where we can get together and have a big group hug!

Love and hugs,
    Kayleigh x

Comment

Originally posted by miranda View Post
      I'm a happy bunny!
      And it's Friday

Glad to hear you've a full set of gnashers once more, Miranda, and that the two men are doing well.

Love Ellie.
      ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Spinal (hand) Onset.
      Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
        And yet, despite all that, Carla is still revoltingly green!

I’m afraid that 9 1/2 weeks trapped in a ward that had so much green even the awful “privacy” stickers on the windows were just pictures of La La Land devoid of teletubbies, has made me hate green even more!
        Carla says that's fair enough Dina, and she wouldn't want you to be green at the gills at the sight of her greenery. Also, she doesn't want to be a gooseberry when you go for your drives with Doug and she might have found it difficult to keep her green fingers to herself, if he ever asked you to be his back seat driver (especially as she is prone to being a green eyed monster, about all the attention Doug gives you!). LOL

Carla is off to Greenland now, in search of far away green fields, with the Jolly Green Giant. The Green Giant says that if she gives him the green light about them getting greengaged, his love for her would be evergreen and although he is not as green as Kermit, he would never be a Grinch - and he would upgrade her faux-peridot green spotlights to real emeralds!

But before she lets the Jolly Green Giant into her carport, Carla wants him to go to the Emerald City (to get freshly spruced up like a greengrocer and to get all his greenfly removed! LOL ) ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X4HaR5DYTGg

It's time for me to redecorate my greenhouse from spring green to winter white - but first I need to find out why it's door is shaking so much....LOL...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uodTyzx4Vuc

Hugs,
        Kayleigh x
        Last edited by Kayleigh; 22 November 2019, 17:15.

Comment

Originally posted by miranda View Post
          More to celebrate! Hubby recovering well from op, sons doing brilliantly. Then I break a tooth! Dentists went over and beyond to accommodate me in the wheelchair. The root was painlessly extracted, then an impression was taken We went home and two hours later collected the denture with new tooth added!!! Admittedly I'm on a dental plan (not NHS) but this was exceptional treatment. The worst part was having to park by the nearest dropped kerb which seemed like miles away over a very very uneven pavement. I'm a happy bunny!
          Hi Miranda,

Thank you for letting us know the wonderful news about your husband.

Yes, bumps in the pavement and too many high kerbs can drop a clanger on us wanting to get somewhere easily!! - but it's great to hear that everything went smoothly with your dental appointment.

I hope you and your lovely family have a very enjoyable evening and weekend.

Love and best wishes to you all.
          Kayleigh x
          Last edited by Kayleigh; 22 November 2019, 16:56.

Comment

Hi Miranda,

I’m pleased that you have several good things to celebrate. Enjoy them all!
            Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

You’re right Kayleigh, I can remember when cars were much simpler. My split windscreen Morris Minor had mechanical semaphore indicators and the shortest service interval was 500 miles!

Doug x
              Hello Doug,

I've been motoring around the Internet to see if I could spot anyone driving one of those split screen Morris Minors you mentioned. Was yours like this one?...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cogZbEn3Xg4

This is the car I would choose (if I fancied swanning around at a more leisurely pace) ....

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t8EKPGXoDqI

Love
              Kayleigh x

Comment

Gosh, Kayleigh!

You do find some amazing videos.

Yes, that’s very like it. Mine was black. That one looks a bit posher. It seems to have a radio – unheard of in my day. The indicators in the door pillars are the same. The grille is slightly different and it has more lights. The windscreen divider is slightly smarter. Mine was a flat strip of metal and you could see the bolts. Contrary to what the guy said, there was adequate room on the back seat in my student days!

Thanks!

Doug x

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post
                  Contrary to what the guy said, there was adequate room on the back seat in my student days!

Doug x
                  *shock *horror

Oh my goodness, Mr. Carpenter! Too much information, methinks.
                  Dina

Comment

Yesterday’s good thing was that it finally came to an end at midnight!

Today’s good thing is that I’m back to recognising how lucky I am to have people who love and care for me, even when the MND increases my moodiness.
                    Dina

Comment

Hi Dina,

Try to look happy even if you feel rough inside

Pleased that you're a bit happier.

Love Terry
                      TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

Hi Dina

Hope its a better day for you

Here's to Happy Days
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vHxX0R1CrY

CCxox

Comment

Tuesday’s good thing is that after we arrived home from hospital appointment I had enough energy to sort out the contents of a cupboard in the kitchen. The house has been in such a mess since I was in hospital that I have felt quite stressed about it..

Well, at least a start has been made. Hooray!
                          Dina

Comment

Well done you Dina. I know the feeling but a great deal of learning has been done in our home by my important other so the house is tidy'ish, cupboards tidy and washing done regularly (less frequently than I did it but I've learned to live with that).

Take care, Lynne
                            ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
                            I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

You’re very lucky, Lynne. Peter’s own neurological problems have worsened considerably over the past few months, so things have been a bit difficult.
                              Dina

Comment

Today’s good thing is that I’ve received a bright and chIrpy email which is helping me to feel happy. Look out world! Ha ha ha.
                                Dina

Comment

Working...
                                X