No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly celebrated 2 of the good things in life yesterday, food and music. We went with our daughters to a tapas restaurant and had excellent food before going to a concert.

The day didn’t get off to a good start as I fell getting out of the shower. After lying on the floor for a while to get my breath back I managed to haul myself up using the radiator. Bruised, grazed and blooded I knew I had to pull myself together for the evening event but it is surprising how something to look forward to can be motivating. Food and a couple of glasses of wine eased the aches and my daughters wheeled my down to the concert venue. My wife doesn’t like live music because she finds it deafening.

It was an 80’s event and my daughters were in their teens at the time so I was a fan of many artists that the girls were following. On stage were Tony Hadley, Mark Almond, Jimmy Somerville, Sonia, Claire Grogan, Nick Kershaw, Toyah, Altered Images, Then Jerico and Boney M. Each performed 3 or 4 songs so it was a bit like listening to a compilation album. The girls knew every word and were hoarse afterwards and I could just humm.

0567F339-FD52-40BF-8A1C-78530A13DBB8.jpg
    I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

The website has gone crazy and duplicated my post.
      I have tried deleting without success. Maybe it’s that bang on the head lol.
      Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
        The website has gone crazy and duplicated my post.
        I have tried deleting without success. Maybe it’s that bang on the head lol.
        Barry
        Don't worry if your post was in triplicate Barry - it was 3 times as nice, reading about your lovely day with your family! Although sorry, sorry, and sorry again to hear that you had a bad fall.

... and I expect you would agree that your wonderful daughters and wife are, in the words of the song ... once, twice, three times a lady ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzKC7xKClw

Love to you and your family,
        Kayleigh x

Comment

P.S I'm glad you enjoyed the tapas Barry. You reminded me of the last time I went to a restaurant with my family. It was to my local French restaurant, and although I checked if 'la soupe du jour' was freshly made, before I ordered it, I'm not sure if I believe the waiter (because when it was served to me, I'm convinced I could smell a rat! LOL) ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLKPDJqldw

But hats off to the chef for a delicious main course - and, apparently, he is self-taught??? ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mE6K9HjEs

Although I didn't completely fall for the charms of the French waiter, I decided not to give him the Spanish Inquisition about the soup. LOL.

I hope you are making a very good recovery from your fall!

Love
          Kayleigh x
          Last edited by Kayleigh; 30 November 2019, 20:16.

Comment

Sorry you’ve had another fall, Barry. As you say, the prospect of going somewhere enjoyable makes it easier to pick yourself up and dust yourself off

I hope you’re recovering well today.
            Dina

Trying to keep positive, but not always managing.

Comment

Hi Barry

I hope you're not too injured from the fall. You are like the energizer bunny, you take a licking and keep on ticking. I hope you had a wonderful time

CCxox

Comment

Originally posted by Gillette View Post
                Today’s good thing is a souped up wheelchair.

I had been struggling to cope with sitting in my powered chair for more than 2.5 hours at a time, which turned hospital appointments and social trips into marathons of endurance.

The signs are promising that it’s about to change with the work carried out today, including bucket seat, multilayer hi-tech pressure-relieving cushion, multi-level tension adjustable back rest, Formula 1-style multi-point car seat harness (ok, that’s a bit of an exaggeration!), tweaks to the hand controls and footrest and a “gutter “ armrest (on order).

All I need are some tasteful “Go Faster” stripes and I’ll be ready to wipe the floor with Lewis Hamilton! Thank
                Hello Dina,

I hope day 2 with your newly souped up Salsa 2 Mini is running smoothly for you and you are finding the Mini is much more comfortable, since it has been souped up.

I heard Lewis Hamilton recently (during a pitstop, on his way from Lewisham 2 Milton Keynes LOL) and It sounds like the dinamics of your Mini make it much quieter and more comfortable, for sitting in and salsa-ing, than his very dynamite sounding 'number 2'!

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wbg5mDkrrzI

Furthermore, Debbie's recent 'quickie' debrief indicates that there would be no debate about the Mini being fast enough for a quick dash to any debartment store (such as Debenhams) or even as far as Medina! It also sounds debonair enough for any debutants' ball or a dance-off with Debbie and her friends ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_MPVABdVNQ

Love and hugs,
                Kayleigh xx
                Last edited by Kayleigh; 30 November 2019, 22:00.

Comment

Thanks, Kayleigh.

I haven’t managed to sit in the chair today - still recovering from yesterday’s excitement.

I forgot to mention that someone is working on overriding the speed limiter for me - he knows I’m a bit of a speed queen!
                  Dina

Comment

Low gear Dina as we don’t want you to get caught for speeding.

Kayleigh I remember riding the ratatouille ride with my daughter and granddaughter at Disney Paris 3 years ago and my granddaughter said can we take granddad everywhere because we don’t have to queue. Of course we can said my daughter since I was paying lol.

Love,
                    Barry

Comment

Oh Drat!!- I missed the Ratatouille ride when I went to Disneyland Barry! - but It might not have been there when I last visited because it was much more than 3 years ago.

I think that a raturn visit is definitely called for now - especially if I can queue-jump in my powerchair!

I thought it was a very magical place - and did your granddaughter enjoy being able to get straight to the front of the very very long queues to meet the Disney Princesses?

As I went with boys, they weren't interested in meeting the Princesses but it was wonderful to see the delight and excitement on their faces when they met characters like Buzz Lightyear and Jack Sparrow (and I was delighted to meet the very handsome Jack Sparrow too! LOL)

I can't imagine Dina ever travelling in low gear and, in fact, if you blink you will miss her LOL ...

http://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSy8kQXLyJ8

I expect Dina will want a 'super-speed dinamo' setting added to her powerchair!

I have a quite slow 'kitty speed' setting on my powerchair (and
                      I go even slower than the average kitten sometimes!).

I'm probably much slower than Terry, who might travel as fast as a Jaguar? (but as he always plays fair, I don't think his powerchair would ever go as fast as a Cheetah!).

Love Kayleigh x

P.S I expect your granddaughter loves you whole heartedly Barry and she thinks you are the best grandad in the World - and rightly so!
                      Last edited by Kayleigh; 1 December 2019, 00:00.

Comment

Glad you had a good time out with your daughters, Barry,

Hope that you not so sore today but I do like the way you bounce back. I could never get up but maybe it's time you got a automatic fall detector to raise the alarm if you bang your head or can't get up.

Love Terry
                        TB once said that "The forum is still the best source for friendship and information."

It will only remain so if new people post and keep us updated on things that work or don't work and tips.

Please post on old threads that are of use so that others see them and feel free to start new subjects and threads.

Comment

I found a bottle of Grahams '77 I didn't know I had!

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

Doug
                            At a guess I’d say that it’s wine but I’ve no idea if it’s any good - I’m assuming it is as you are obviously pleased, so congratulations. Will you be drinking it tonight to celebrate?

** Oops! Is it port? (I enquired of the world renowned sommelier, Monsieur G. Oogle who sneered at my ignorance then sniffily told me it was “Port, Madame”.
                            Last edited by Gillette; 1 December 2019, 19:35.
                            Dina

Comment

Originally posted by Barry52 View Post
                              Low gear Dina as we don’t want you to get caught for speeding.

Kayleigh I remember riding the ratatouille ride with my daughter and granddaughter at Disney Paris 3 years ago and my granddaughter said can we take granddad everywhere because we don’t have to queue. Of course we can said my daughter since I was paying lol.

Love,
                              Barry
                              Low gear, Barry? I don’t think so. Ha ha ha.

Your family sounds like mine- love you to bits and those “benefits” mean they love you even more!
                              Dina

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Carpenter View Post

Doug
                                It sounds like a very opportune discovery Doug!

And may I recommend some good quality cheese to go with such a portly import?! ......

- My dog always fetches me a glass of red wine.
                                He is a bordeaux collie!

- I always decide which wine to drink next, on a case by case basis!

- Which cheese is made backwards?
                                Edam.

- What question did Shakespeare ask his cheesemonger?
                                To brie or not to brie?

- Why didn't the cheddar want to 'get spliced'?
                                It had grater plans.

- Why did the circus clown fall over?
                                He had forgotten to put the other Stilton.

Hugs,
                                Kayleigh
                                Last edited by Kayleigh; 1 December 2019, 22:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X