No announcement yet.

Celebrate the GOOD THINGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on (finally!!) upgrading your desktop PC, Doug and successfully transferring your files - hope you can find them all now

Hopefully you'll find Windows 10 better and easy to navigate than 7.

Love Ellie.
    ​Diagnosed 03/2007. Sporadic Definite ALS/MND Limb Onset.
    Eye gaze user - No working limbs - No speech - Feeding tube - Overnight NIV.

Comment

Glad to hear at least some of your pain has subsided, Terry.

Love Ellie.

Comment

Spring sunshine

This morning, for the first time in three weeks, I sat outside on my walker in beautifully warm sunshine. It was gorgeous! Many bulbs were up and flowering and you could believe Spring was round the corner.

Vitamin D for the soul.

Doug

Comment

Sounds great that you were sitting outside in sun on your walker Doug. A new desktop too, wow! A good week had by you then. I hope that your transfer of data went well.

I’m looking forward to warmer rain free days soon so that I can get outside too. I had my first drive of my powered wheelchair (since the practice session with the wheelchair lady) about a week ago. I was accompanied by Steve. We went around the block in an almost big circle. This was very hard in some places, good in others. I’ll have to do this again to build up my control skills and confidence. Lynne
          ALS diagnosed November 2017, limb onset. For the 4 yrs previously I was losing my ballance.
          I'm staying positive and taking each day as it comes.

Comment

Lovely to see Doddie Weir enjoying the Rugby today

Comment

Barry, was this you??

Listen to this shortish radio phone-in clip for a much needed laugh

Comment

Thank you for using this thread again, Ellie.

I am sure we all need a laugh and this is hilarious. All I can think about now is minty biscuits !!

Hope everyone is as well as possible,
                Love Debbie x

Comment

Absolutely priceless!!

Thank you, Ellie. I haven’t laughed so much since somebody told me about Tassles, which, though delicious, are not a biscuit I believe.

Hugs

Doug

Comment

Virtual hug.jpg

Comment

I have to confess Ellie that it’s not me although I do like dark mint kikats and occasionally my cognitive abilities go awry.

Love,
                      Barry
                      I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

OK, there are very few good things around to celebrate at the moment……

But sitting in the garden this morning in a T-shirt in the gorgeous Spring sunshine, looking at the bulbs and listening to the birds comes pretty close.

The lack of traffic and aircraft noise was uncanny.

Keep safe my precious friends!

Doug

Comment

Thank you so much for posting good news Doug... We certainly need it now in these scary times.

It is lovely to see signs of Spring and feel the sunshine. .. a much needed boost.

We had good news from Asda to say I had been identified as vulnerable so we can have a weekly delivery slot. I felt really guilty asking family to queue in crowded supermarkets for us.i hope everyone who has registered on the government site hears soon because it is one less thing to worry about.

Hoping everyone on our forum family says safe and as well as possible.

Love Debbie x

Comment

We went to one of my besties for an illicit barbeque 6 up today! Is that ok????🤪

Comment

Thank you Ellie. That was hilarious. My husband said “am I like that?” As gently a possible, I agreed he is!!!

Comment

My good thing today was that my exercise bike arrived. Now I have to get it out of the box and assemble it. More news later.

Barry
                                0BE5D057-B5D1-4825-AFB4-E3448AD7EA0D.jpg
                                I’m going to do this even if it kills me!

Comment

Working...
                                X